Locked On Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Locked On Syracuse

Cuse4Life

Walk On
What the heck happened to this podcast!! I used to listen all the time and then all the sudden it’s gone. Miss this podcast and need constant Fran Brown updates and love!

So many better options. I gave that podcast way more of a chance than they deserved. It was the Syracuse.com comment section of podcasts.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Cuse militia is my go to, they are just fun and have a great chemistry. The orange zone is definitely right there though. They are great! Very insightful and great input from guests. Cuse militia is more of fans pov while orange zone is a more professional sports radio version. Both are a lot of fun to give a listen.

What the heck happened to this podcast!! I used to listen all the time and then all the sudden it’s gone. Miss this podcast and need constant Fran Brown updates and love!
I've been wondering this also. OV's last cast was on Nov 8th and then silence. I liked listening to this cast also however I do listen to all of the SU podcasts that are available during my walks. I make sure I get 20,000 steps a day so I want as much SU listens I can get.

It has changed hands many times, clearly LockedOn is just a stepping stone / starter podcast for young broadcasters. I thought Tyler and Tim the OGs did a pretty good job but it has since gone downhill. Owen (or whoever the current host is) is a full-time teacher locally so it’s more of a hobby for him, which isn’t a bad thing, but perhaps tough for him to be as committed. Anyways, as others said there is no shortage of options out there.

I’ve been a Cuse Militia fan from the start. Sean and Joe are just 2 fans who do a great job engaging with their listeners/commenters. Its a bar conversation vibe, which is refreshing from the politically correct polished Newhouse school alternatives. I also listen daily to the ESPN radio podcasts (you can only get these on apple podcasts or twitch).

It has changed hands many times, clearly LockedOn is just a stepping stone / starter podcast for young broadcasters. I thought Tyler and Tim the OGs did a pretty good job with it but it has gone downhill. Owen (or whoever the current host is) is a full-time teacher locally so I’m assuming this is just more of a hobby for him, which isn’t a bad thing, but perhaps tough for him to be as committed. Anyways, as others said there are no shortage of options out there. I’ve been a Cuse Militia fan from the start Sean and Joe are just 2 guys you’d want to have a beer with talking sports, which is refreshing from the politically correct polished Newhouse school alternatives. I also listen daily to the ESPN radio podcasts (you can only get these on apple podcasts or twitch)
I especially like Sean from Cuse Militia. Joe was a bit salty about the Dino firing and it was a bit much at times but I agree that’s by far the best podcast.

I like Orange Zone, but Sam’s got to realize that men’s basketball is halves and not quarters. That drives me crazy!!

I suspect that there will be a new show host.

It has changed hands many times, clearly LockedOn is just a stepping stone / starter podcast for young broadcasters. I thought Tyler and Tim the OGs did a pretty good job but it has since gone downhill. Owen (or whoever the current host is) is a full-time teacher locally so it’s more of a hobby for him, which isn’t a bad thing, but perhaps tough for him to be as committed. Anyways, as others said there is no shortage of options out there.

I’ve been a Cuse Militia fan from the start. Sean and Joe are just 2 fans who do a great job engaging with their listeners/commenters. Its a bar conversation vibe, which is refreshing from the politically correct polished Newhouse school alternatives. I also listen daily to the ESPN radio podcasts (you can only get these on apple podcasts or twitch).

This is one of the things I find annoying in the current media landscape. LockedOn seems to be a starter podcast for Syracuse (and other teams) - but the guy whose been doing it for the New Jersey Devils is going on four years, has a decent following, and the team tweets a link to his podcast every week so there’s some association there. So many “brands” are wildly inconsistent in their various iterations.

I gave it several episodes, but chose to unfollow yesterday. I co-host a music podcast so I understand it is not easy. I try not to be too harsh. This show just does not offer me anything. It is basically one of us rambling into a microphone. He states the obvious and seemingly has no access to inside information. The show could be improved aesthetically with a co-host. One voice repeating uninteresting takes for forty minutes is not pleasing to the ear. Maybe I’ll sample it again in a month to see If it improved.

I gave it several episodes, but chose to unfollow yesterday. I co-host a music podcast so I understand it is not easy. I try not to be too harsh. This show just does not offer me anything. It is basically one of us rambling into a microphone. He states the obvious and seemingly has no access to inside information. The show could be improved aesthetically with a co-host. One voice repeating uninteresting takes for forty minutes is not pleasing to the ear. Maybe I’ll sample it again in a month to see If it improved.
Young guy seemingly trying to bolster his resume. We all started somewhere at everything we have done in life. I will continue to listen here and there and try and stick with Jackson as he works into this thing. I appreciate different orange sports outlets and want to try and support them so when I want to be a junky and binge all cuse content after Syracuse wallops Ohio in the opener, there will be options. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom