LOL as a shock to no one Maryland is blasting Bryant | Syracusefan.com

LOL as a shock to no one Maryland is blasting Bryant

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Fowler completely dominating and outclassing Massa. Ugh makes our loss last Sunday look even worse if thats somehow possible.

And if I'm not mistaken there hasn't been one bloody timer on. What!!

I've no idea why Bryant started the game in man to man D. By the time they switched to zone they were down 3 and stretched way out. Pressler perhaps over thinking it.

And if I'm not mistaken there hasn't been one bloody timer on. What!!

Its because Marlyand is doing what Syracuse should have done, there using there depth of talent to just Attack Bryant all over the field and Bryant doesnt have the depth or skill across the board to keep up. Also there star play Chanenchuck came to play he has three goals already. Maryland's offense is playing like Duke shooting a ton and peppering Waldt, no idea why we didnt do the same until the 4th quarter.

JeremyCuse said:
Its because Marlyand is doing what Syracuse should have done, there using there depth of talent to just Attack Bryant all over the field and Bryant doesnt have the depth or skill across the board to keep up. Also there star play Chanenchuck came to play he has three goals already. Maryland's offense is playing like Duke shooting a ton and peppering Waldt, no idea why we didnt do the same until the 4th quarter.
Their shot placement on Waldt has been way better. He seemed to get rattled after their first 2 goals. I don't think he's seeing the ball well and his D looks unprepared. Looks a lil like Bryant thought MD was gonna slow it down but they haven't been for the most part.

I missed the first half of SU's game last week - did Bryant start the game in a zone or mtm? Their mtm D at the beginning of today stunk.

Their shot placement on Waldt has been way better. He seemed to get rattled after their first 2 goals. I don't think he's seeing the ball well and his D looks unprepared. Looks a lil like Bryant thought MD was gonna slow it down but they haven't been for the most part.

Yup great call on the shot placement and with Maryland playing a much more uptempo style then Bryant was anticipating. Kudos to the Maryland coach for his decision to play uptempo its 9-3 and if not for a couple ridiculous Waldt saves it could be 11 or more. One thing Maryland seemed to do early was hit sides, instead of trying to go high or low they seemed to pick a side and then choose high or low, it had Waldt completely rattled as you noted. Also Maryland has also done a great job of connecting deep where Bryant is susceptible and where Matt Walters could have been huge for us last week.

JeremyCuse said:
Also Maryland has also done a great job of connecting deep where Bryant is susceptible and where Matt Walters could have been huge for us last week.

Channenchuk hit the first or second goal from about 12-15 yards out because they were in mtm. Channenchuk is a great shooter but I wonder how he would've fared against a packed in zone from the first possession.

Channenchuk hit the first or second goal from about 12-15 yards out because they were in mtm. Channenchuk is a great shooter but I wonder how he would've fared against a packed in zone from the first possession.

He ripped one in the mid second from a good distance out and beat Waldt when Bryant was in a zone but your right may have been different if they started out in zone.

Why have every Cannazarro kid avoided playing for Cuse?

Not surprised one bit, this is like the ncaa tournament when the 14 seed pulls the upset then loses by 30 in the next round.

Makes perfect sense. Maryland beat Bryant by the same score it beat SU. SU played better from the midseason, but those bad losses were a good indicator of SU's overall play.