LOL if Texas or UCLA lose this week and Kent State wins. BE Champ to the Sugar Bowl | Syracusefan.com

LOL if Texas or UCLA lose this week and Kent State wins. BE Champ to the Sugar Bowl

Alsacs

Living Legend
Kent State is #17 and if they get into the BCS the Orange Bowl won't get the BE Champ they get some MACtion with Kent State playing Florida State. Louisville, Rutgers, or Syracuse would then go to New Orleans and get absolutely murdered by Florida's athletic defensive line. If we were 8-4 I honestly think if could have been us, but I wouldn't Ryan Nassib to have to face those freak athletes on Florida's DL in his last game.

Kent State is #17 and if they get into the BCS the Orange Bowl won't get the BE Champ they get some MACtion with Kent State playing Florida State. Louisville, Rutgers, or Syracuse would then go to New Orleans and get absolutely murdered by Florida's athletic defensive line. If we were 8-4 I honestly think if could have been us, but I wouldn't Ryan Nassib to have to face those freak athletes on Florida's DL in his last game.

if kent state loses no non aq will make top 16

See this is why the system stinks. NIU deserves to be ahead of Kent State. It is silly that margin of victory isn't taken into account. One lost by a point to Iowa, in which they blew an 8 point 4th Q lead. The other got blasted by an awful UK team and beat a bad RU team.

People are slurping Florida, but they've been pretty awful the last few weeks outside of the FSU game. the 14-7 game vs. Mizzou at home, the last second W vs. Louisiana Lafayette at home, and looking terrible in a 23-0 win at home vs. Jacksonville St.

These BCS rankings are nuts:

1) Kent State ranked 17; major win is RU. They lost 47-14 against Kentucky.

2) Boise State is 20: 2 close losses against Michigan State and San Diego State

3) Northern Illinois is 21: beaten no ranked teams. close loss to unranked Iowa which is 2 and 6 in Big 10

Problem is there is a lack of games against top teams among various conferences. It's a huge amount of guessing.

Here's where the Big East basketball school would be in the ACC top 5 this year:
BCS
#13 FSU
#14 Clemson
#43 SU
#63 NC ST
#66 V Tech

These BCS rankings are nuts:

1) Kent State ranked 17; major win is RU. They lost 47-14 against Kentucky.

2) Boise State is 20: 2 close losses against Michigan State and San Diego State

3) Northern Illinois is 21: beaten no ranked teams. close loss to unranked Iowa which is 2 and 6 in Big 10

Problem is there is a lack of games against top teams among various conferences. It's a huge amount of guessing.

It seems like the BCS barely takes SOS into account. Are there any sites that use the BBall formula? That would be interesting. Kent State should not be ranked in any poll, human or computer.

It seems like the BCS barely takes SOS into account. Are there any sites that use the BBall formula? That would be interesting. Kent State should not be ranked in any poll, human or computer.

They don't take SOS into account. The new system will though.

Cheers,
Neil

Out of 124
Kent St SOS is 121st
Northern Illinois SOS is 124th
Rutgers SOS is 98th
Boise St SOS is 113th

For reference SU is 54th (I'm pretty sure this is tops in the BE ... just too busy to check them all right now)

FWIW Iowa is awful ... you have no business being in a BCS game if you lose to Iowa.