LOL...Michigan... | Syracusefan.com

LOL...Michigan...

Deano

All American
Blows a 19-3 lead then makes some dumb bone head decision/plays in the last 5 minutes or so in that game. Harbaugh will be on hot seat next year as UM fans/boosters will want him gone if this keeps up, but I love it. They got what they signed up for.

I never really thought Michigan was a threat in the 4th quarter with Peters as QB when SC took the lead

Perhaps Harbaugh should spend less time going to Italy and sleeping over people's houses and learn how to coach and develop qbs.

They need to go back to the yellow pants.

upload_2018-1-2_11-4-46.png

5 losses for the "coaching genius".

Tough words coming from the program that had Charlie Weis' "schematic advantage" every game.

Perhaps Harbaugh should spend less time going to Italy and sleeping over people's houses and learn how to coach and develop qbs.

Can't disagree with that. He needs to cut the schtick.

Tough words coming from the program that had Charlie Weis' "schematic advantage" every game.

Why? They both suck.

Weis' sucking doesn't make Harbaugh suck any less.

Was I wrong or does Wonder Boy not have five losses this year?

I love the Michigan - Notre Dame slap fest on a Syracuse site.

Maybe a San Jose St. fan can chime in, and we can add another school that I don't care about to the mix.

***Although, in all fairness, the thread is explicitly about Michigan, so don't read my post as being directed at any specific posters.***

Why? They both suck.

Harbaugh will be fine in the long run. If not for a fluke play two years ago and a bad call by officiating on what was a 4th down stop last year, Michigan would have played in at least 1, and maybe 2 playoffs the last two years.

Michigan replaced 11 of 12 starters on D and everyone is losing their minds like this was completely unexpected. People need perspective.

I'd love for him to cut some of the schtick, but he'll be fine.

I'd still take Harbaugh any day over ol' purple face.

Harbaugh will be fine in the long run. If not for a fluke play two years ago and a bad call by officiating on what was a 4th down stop last year, Michigan would have played in at least 1, and maybe 2 playoffs the last two years.

Michigan replaced 11 of 12 starters on D and everyone is losing their minds like this was completely unexpected. People need perspective.

People really are dumb and have no clue about other teams situations. Winning 8 games with 1 returning starter on D and a 3rd string qb playing the majority of the season is a pretty solid coaching job. Some idiots here act like Dino is God though he's 0fer without Dungey. Give Michigan a healthy Speight and they probably beat Ohio St who they were up on in the 3Q with their #3 qb. Harbaugh has won and won immediately at every stop.

Why? They both suck.

This is as dumb as the Kiffin is a terrible coach H0T Takes.

Harbaugh has won big in the NFL and college - that's a great coach.

I agree, he will right the ship once he gets the right QB, I know people want him to "develop" a great QB but it takes two too tango. I think Harbaugh can coach the QB spot. Kap looked pretty damn good when Harbaugh was at SF. Jimbo Fisher not as good without Jameis either. He's also trying to beat OSU and Urban Meyer who last time I checked is no slouch. Not sure he will ever out recruit or out coach Urban Meyer at the college level regardless how much Michigan pays him. NFL different story. He's a better coach in the NFL a better fit in college because of his personality, a 29 year old man with wife and kids doesn't want to put up his nonsense day in and day out. It's not his fault Michigan pays him as much as they do and that fans thinks that guarantees national championships.

The losses to MSU are the true blemish, IMO

I agree if he stays long enough Michigan they will get to some final 4's but Urban is damn tough

I agree if he stays long enough Michigan they will get to some final 4's but Urban is damn tough

And Urban had a 3 year head start in bringing in his guys. Folks better get their jabs in now because if Patterson gets a waiver to play next year than they are going to be a powerhouse.

Can't disagree with that until proven otherwise.

I just look forward to when he has another, um, "health scare."

People really are dumb and have no clue about other teams situations. Winning 8 games with 1 returning starter on D and a 3rd string qb playing the majority of the season is a pretty solid coaching job. Some idiots here act like Dino is God though he's 0fer without Dungey. Give Michigan a healthy Speight and they probably beat Ohio St who they were up on in the 3Q with their #3 qb. Harbaugh has won and won immediately at every stop.

Yes he lost a lot, but he did a bad job this year, Speight isn't any good, losing to Osu is one thing, they never should have lost to Msu at home, and they completely imploded in the Bowl game, unacceptable loss.

Blows a 19-3 lead then makes some dumb bone head decision/plays in the last 5 minutes or so in that game. Harbaugh will be on hot seat next year as UM fans/boosters will want him gone if this keeps up, but I love it. They got what they signed up for.

I agree, just met a girl who went to UM and she doesn't see the hotseat thing but i do. He cant find a qb and as what an awesome qb coach he might be; he has these qbs playing scared in a pro system with zero play calling creativity.

That said, his top 10 defense gave up chunk play after chunk play in the second half to a very benign USC offense. But, fellas, did you see the size and athletic ability of those USC wideouts?

I agree, just met a girl who went to UM and she doesn't see the hotseat thing but i do. He cant find a qb and as what an awesome qb coach he might be; he has these qbs playing scared in a pro system with zero play calling creativity.

That said, his top 10 defense gave up chunk play after chunk play in the second half to a very benign USC offense. But, fellas, did you see the size and athletic ability of those USC wideouts?

He brought in a top 5 qb last year in Dylan mccaffrey and Shea Patterson just transferred in. They are set at QB going forward.

Yes he lost a lot, but he did a bad job this year, Speight isn't any good, losing to Osu is one thing, they never should have lost to Msu at home, and they completely imploded in the Bowl game, unacceptable loss.

The difference between Speight and O'Korn is significant. 2 tds and 6 picks for O'Korn, he was a debacle. Basically the equivalent of playing Rex.

He brought in a top 5 qb last year in Dylan mccaffrey and Shea Patterson just transferred in. They are set at QB going forward.

I get that. He has had top qbs to work with the past few years and a big swing and miss. The ol miss qb as a transfer is a shot in the dark. I like the mccaffery kid.

I get that. He has had top qbs to work with the past few years and a big swing and miss. The ol miss qb as a transfer is a shot in the dark. I like the mccaffery kid.

Shot in the dark? Patterson won the elite 11 and has put up huge #s in the SEC.

I tend to agree with chug, Harbaugh was pretty close his first two years, had an off year this year with a lot of seniors lost from year before. He has recruited very well and his first class couple classes should be right on the forefront this year.

Harbaugh can coach and I think when he puts the right team together they will roll everybody on their schedule other than 2, leaving just Ohio St and PSU to beat.

His good teams when playing at a high level just seem to push other teams around.. Takes time to develop the Qb and O line play.

Like I said paying him 10 mil doesn't make him a miracle worker and beating OSU isn't always easy as it's such a huge game, Meyer will always have then prepared

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom