LOL Quote from CNNSI Article on WV and Expansion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LOL Quote from CNNSI Article on WV and Expansion

It was a good league and it was CBS worthy, it was ESPN Prime Time worthy. But Miami's probation, and Rutgers/Temple failure to even attempt to compete (ever) didn't do the league any favors. Fitting that Rutgers is all that is left.
I personally hope Rutgers is left having to join a non-BCS conference like Conf USA or MAC or something along those lines. I'd love that.

I personally hope Rutgers is left having to join a non-BCS conference like Conf USA or MAC or something along those lines. I'd love that.

As a Michigan fan and alum as well, the best characterization of Rutgers to me is they're the Michigan State to our Michigan. Their rise was coupled with our past decline. They may have beat us this year, but they're still a program that is seen as irrelevant nationally. And they're not a rival, just more of an annoyance that you don't want to hear anymore. And at the end of the day as we saw with our move to the ACC, they still believe they have more worth than they really do.

I hope they finally fade into irrelevance for good and they just shut up and go away.

As a Michigan fan and alum as well, the best characterization of Rutgers to me is they're the Michigan State to our Michigan. Their rise was coupled with our past decline. They may have beat us this year, but they're still a program that is seen as irrelevant nationally. And they're not a rival, just more of an annoyance that you don't want to hear anymore. And at the end of the day as we saw with our move to the ACC, they still believe they have more worth than they really do.

I hope they finally fade into irrelevance for good and they just shut up and go away.

Equating Rutgers to Michigan State is giving them wayyyy too much credit.

Rutgers is to Syracuse as Ohio is to Ohio State.

:D

Equating Rutgers to Michigan State is giving them wayyyy too much credit.

Rutgers is to Syracuse as Ohio is to Ohio State.

:D

I stand corrected. This could be especially true as Rutgers cultivates a budding rivalry with Ohio.