LOL Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LOL Rutgers

Syracuse leaving is the most embarrassing thing I can think of.

We were a Charter member and some would say, the leading voice.

The addition of the football schools prior to BC et al leaving , was at our request or even insistence.

Now we are bolting, as if to say, all that was just not enough.

In spite of all the "whistling past the graveyard" they are doing, the remaining schools are left holding a huge bag of crap.
Not sure what you are saying. Who is it embarrassing for? Sure, SU was all for more football schools...except they left. Miami, VA Tech, BC, WV. For SU, staying would be embarrassing. Obviously adding Miami and VT was not enough... especially because they bolted to the ACC.

Not sure what you are saying. Who is it embarrassing for? Sure, SU was all for more football schools...except they left. Miami, VA Tech, BC, WV. For SU, staying would be embarrassing. Obviously adding Miami and VT was not enough... especially because they bolted to the ACC.

It's embarrassing for the Big East.

Imagine you had a girlfriend or wife. and you (publicly) did everything you could do to please her. In the end, she left you.

Imagine you had a girlfriend or wife. and you (publically) did everything you could do to please her. In the end, she left you.
Ok. I agree. I thought you meant for SU. Only problem is ...BE is not like that wife. BE didn't really do everything for SU starting with no PSU and ending with a few carpetbaggers.

Three thoughts -

1. Wow, Rutgers is in bad shape financially if they have to ask the conference for money to make up for the loss of a home game.

2. We, too, lost a home game vs. TCU due to their departure, so if Rutgers gets the money, so should we and the other 2 schools who had TCU home games on next year's schedule. (I realize it will just be used in reduction of our debt for leaving, but Rutgers is asking for something like $1.5 M for the game. That is some reasonable $$$ if we could get it.)

3 What in the hell is Rutgers thinking in going to the press with this story ? Are they trying get kicked out of the Big East, which would "free them up" to be scooped up by the Big 10 ?? LOL

Here is what I know...Rutgers was NOT the only BE school to request that from the conference. The reason RU has been outed is because of the media in the area. I have heard three schools have requested the same, but I do not know which three.

I can't blame them. They aren't hiding from their financial troubles. They are thinking outside of the box to try to get some revenue back. Who cares.

shady's pay was 2.5 million plus other perks...flood's contract was for 700,000k, that puts rutgirls 1.7 million$$$ ahead just on the head coach pay package without factoring in the drop in assistant pay downgrades.

rutgers just made more money w/o shady as their head coach as we all know that shady would have played new hampshire in a heart beat.that would be a 1.3 million $$$ home game.

so if i was marinatto, i would be telling pernetti you owe us money.

Imagine you had a girlfriend or wife. and you (publicly) did everything you could do to please her. In the end, she left you.

But they didn't do everything to make SU, Pitt, and WVU happy. That's why those schools left. They gave Marinatto a chance to make things right, and he completely things up. Gross was one of the loudest voices to the Conference with regards to signing the ESPN TV deal. The money was on par, maybe a little bit better, than what the ACC had received. Signing the deal would have created at least some stability. Marinatto put ND in charge of the negotiations, and look what happened. The second was not going after schools like KU, KSU, etc., when the BIG 12 was on the ropes. He could have swiped those schools in the very small window of opportunity when it looked like Texas and Oklahoma were bolting. That would have solidified everything, or at least could have given them more bargaining power with the networks. Marinatto was asleep at the wheel and chose not to lead when it was clear the conference needed to act.

Marinatto was left at the alter precisely because he didn't do everything in his power to ensure that the football schools had security. He allowed an atmosphere of uncertainty to fester to the point that SU, Pitt and WVU chose to act in their own best interests...for long term security and relevance.

Marinatto and the BE brass have noone to blame but themselves.

Gross was one of the loudest voices to the Conference with regards to signing the ESPN TV deal. The money was on par, maybe a little bit better, than what the ACC had received. Signing the deal would have created at least some stability.
Not to mention it was Pernetti (aka MEDIA GURU) who led the charge to take the contract to the open market and not accept ESPN's offer. If the BE had accepted the offer, we may (and I repeat, 'may', not 'would definitely') still be in the BE. He is at least partly to blame for the bag of they find themselves in. Good plan, Tim.

i have no idea why people are laughing at rutgers? pernetti is trying to get what he can from an inept conference? more power to him!!! i believe in his short tenure, he is making the right moves---WE need some money out of the big east. stop seeing rutgers and start seeing the future. hell, if mulcahy was the commissioner in the first place we would have not been in this soap opera!!!!

i have no idea why people are laughing at rutgers? pernetti is trying to get what he can from an inept conference? more power to him!!! i believe in his short tenure, he is making the right moves---WE need some money out of the big east. stop seeing rutgers and start seeing the future. hell, if mulcahy was the commissioner in the first place we would have not been in this soap opera!!!!
See my post above. He is not making all the right moves.

Not to mention it was Pernetti (aka MEDIA GURU) who led the charge to take the contract to the open market and not accept ESPN's offer. If the BE had accepted the offer, we may (and I repeat, 'may', not 'would definitely') still be in the BE. He is at least partly to blame for the bag of **** they find themselves in. Good plan, Tim.
in the big east as dr.gross DEMONSTRATED , its every man for themselves--you want blame? go back to the 80's w/o psu the east was doomed as a football conference

I am sure Seton Hall, St John's and Providence already have their checkbooks out...
What those three schools have in common is of course the underlying cause of the melt down in the BERutgers has the funds to get through the small event in the long run. Its a state school subsidized by the NJ taxpayers in one form or another.

in the big east as dr.gross DEMONSTRATED , its every man for themselves--you want blame? go back to the 80's w/o psu the east was doomed as a football conference
Agreed. Thank you, BB schools. Oh Lord

Cuz their recruiters lie to recruits and they are bleeding money mostly due to their own arrogance

But the biggest reason is it is fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom