lol Wow Hoya fans... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

lol Wow Hoya fans...

They are terrified of cuse fans taking over their building in March. My favorite idea was banning any GTown fan who resells their tickets from buying future tickets. I'm moving to NC in Oct and I'm going to try my best to be there to watch us put them out of their misery.
http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=25964&page=1
As a Cuse fan living in North Carolina I welcome you to the Tarheel State, soon to be painted with an Orange brush!

As a Cuse fan living in North Carolina I welcome you to the Tarheel State, soon to be painted with an Orange brush!
Thanks... looking forward to it. Will be odd to be "behind enemy lines" but sounds like there will be other transplants there.

I can feel their pain, its just like the dome when Ped State played us in Football.
Where was the orange?

I can't wait. I've got a family friend who's a big SU fan currently enrolled in GTown law school. Hoping to use that to score some tickets.

Nails, forgive my intrusion, but i believe you have your friend incorrectly labelled.

Nails, forgive my intrusion, but i believe you have your friend incorrectly labelled.
I'm sure your friend has WAAAAAY too much work to be worrying about the details of a BB game.
In fact, the graduate/professional students there aren't usually immature brats like the undergrad's. I've hoisted enough stouts with them at Clydes to know, believe me. Oh .. but wait, that was before the GT AD decided that its MBB team was so weak that they had to exclude me and other Orange fans from the Verizon in order to have any chance of winning. In the end, the Hoyas lost the game to the higher ranked team -- not a total surprise. But I bet Lee Reed was thoroughly embarrassed ... watching the loss unfold in front of a nearly all-Hoya audience. There's no shame in loosing -- but loosing before a carefully stacked crowd is pretty pathetic. Boom, Lee!

The issue now is the upcoming season, which is SU's last league game at the Verizon. Unless GT has returned sportsmanship to its curriculum (don't hold your breath), we can expect the same petty stunt in March. Yes, they're THAT desperate.

The only possible difference this time is that the SU AD is onto them. Burn us once, shame on GT. Burn us twice ... that's on us. So our AD has a choice: it can admit that this is conference warfare and do something to protect SU fans and alums; or it can send us all on another ticket scavenger hunt pretending to be members of some weenie GT club -- i.e., let us get p*ssed on by Lee Reed and Ted Hockey a second time.

If anyone really wants to guarantee themselves a ticket you could just buy a full Georgetown season package right now for $170. Keep the Syracuse game put everything else up on StubHub. Heck, might even give you priority for Big East or NCAA East Regional tickets as a side benefit.

Season Ticket Link

If anyone really wants to guarantee themselves a ticket you could just buy a full Georgetown season package right now for $170. Keep the Syracuse game put everything else up on StubHub. Heck, might even give you priority for Big East or NCAA East Regional tickets as a side benefit.

Season Ticket Link
Or maybe GT could just do the right thing and release tickets to the general public like every other school in the NCAA.

If they really wanted to keep us out then why not have GameDay be a turn back the clock on the possible last game ever vs your rival night? Meaning play the game at McDonough where there are only 2500 seats. Students are gone and GTown has only 2k fan so that limits the number of SU fans to 500 for the game.

If they really wanted to keep us out then why not have GameDay be a turn back the clock on the possible last game ever vs your rival night? Meaning play the game at McDonough where there are only 2500 seats. Students are gone and GTown has only 2k fan so that limits the number of SU fans to 500 for the game.
They don't need to change venue to McDonough (Ted Hockey would have a hissyfit). They've got something even better: the most insane ticket allotment clause in NCAA conference history -- 141 tickets to a 20,000 seat arena. It's a no-brainer -- all they need to do after the allotment is sent is sell a few hundred ducats to some GT septuagenarians (students are away) and give the rest to homeless GT grads. That's how GT rolls.