Long time lurker | Syracusefan.com

Long time lurker

CharlotteCuse

Walk On
I've been a long timer lurker following the many insightful members of this forum, not only on this site but on the 2 prior sites - to remain nameless :) . Something drove me to want to post this evening, perhaps its the increasing sense of concern that I read on the board, or fear of failure. I too feel a bit of this, I have to think the media is partially responsible (thanks ESPN). At the end of the day I have to remain confident as JB is a fearless leader who I know has prepared this team for virtually everything. When I look at our repertoire of wins it really is quite impressive. Some may prefer double-digit wins each time out of the gate, and I can't say I don't blame you. If we reflect a bit think about this:

- The ability to become defensive supermen and hold your opponent scoreless while you go on a 26-0 run. There were countless other runs as we all know.
- The ability to go 1 for 29 outside the paint and pull off a victory
- Getting destroyed on the boards (almost -20) and still beating a hated rival
- Watching Scoop light up the Huskies with nearly a perfect night
- Forcing a top 10 Florida squad to turn the ball over 20 times
- Our (from out of nowhere) Center blocking 10 shots in 1 game
- Hitting 11 threes in Raleigh to annhilate a respectable NC State squad (amazing game to be at by the way)
-N0t to mention all of our players that set career game highs in points scored this year (Fab, Dion, CJ, KJo) I may be missing one (obviously the freshmen set career highs this year as well) :) , but it speaks to the balance and leadership
- We've had more winning flavors than a Vegas Buffet this year.

I wish I could be as witty and clever as the UConn fan that went off on his peers prior to the BE Tournament last year, probably sleep deprivation driving me to publish versus spending more time being crafty.

I did want to say to you all thank you for the years of quality posts (that I've read in isolation). I not only look forward to the Syracuse Season each year but to what this forum has to offer. Hopefully I can add a bit here and there going forward.

I wanted to end with it's been an amazing year and I think we should all have a great deal of confidence and pride in this team and faith that they will not go down without a tremendous fight (especially when the games start to have an increased meaning these next few weeks). I am just one die-hard fan (since '86), but if I can help convert at least one other from a "glass is half empty" to a "glass is half full" perspective, then I'll be pleased with my first day as a poster.

oh and by the way. It's midnight and the Hoyas Still Suck.

Great first (okay, 2nd) post. Going to bed now or I'd elaborate...but nice job. Hope to hear some more from you.

Why I do feel like you are telling me to and calling me Donny....

Post more! I post a little, and I got nuthin'. You love our team and don't seem to be insane. Welcome aboard!

I think you may have brought a few people in from the ledge. Thanks for savings those souls!

Very well said. I'm glad someone is sticking up for the silent majority!

Hopefully your post will inspire some to keep the faith. Some fans just can't allow themselves the joy that comes with a season like this. For instance, in 2003 a person came with our group to N.O. and most of us had never met him. He proceeded to tell anyone that would listen that Texas or Kansas would blow us out. When you would listen to him, you would think we were the Bonnies playing in Lawrence. When the final horn sounded and Edelin was jumping on press row, this guy left the building and never joined us on Bourbon St. to party. He couldn't even enjoy himself after we won. Some fans just need to take a deep breath. Come on...we're going to be a number 1 seed. It sure doesn't happen very often. Enjoy it.

Why I do feel like you are telling me to and calling me Donny....

DNABB,
Nah not at all telling folks to shut up. Just trying to jog a few memories and inspire some additional confidence. We all know that Cuse overly tends to play to the level of competition. In past years this has gotten us in trouble. What is so inspiring this year is (while we continue to play up or down to superior/inferior) we have a myriad of ways to win and we are pulling these games out.

Hopefully your post will inspire some to keep the faith. Some fans just can't allow themselves the joy that comes with a season like this. For instance, in 2003 a person came with our group to N.O. and most of us had never met him. He proceeded to tell anyone that would listen that Texas or Kansas would blow us out. When you would listen to him, you would think we were the Bonnies playing in Lawrence. When the final horn sounded and Edelin was jumping on press row, this guy left the building and never joined us on Bourbon St. to party. He couldn't even enjoy himself after we won. Some fans just need to take a deep breath. Come on...we're going to be a number 1 seed. It sure doesn't happen very often. Enjoy it.

ORRange, if I can get the "hall pass" I'll party with you this year on Bourbon St.

I've been a long timer lurker following the many insightful members of this forum, not only on this site but on the 2 prior sites - to remain nameless :) . Something drove me to want to post this evening, perhaps its the increasing sense of concern that I read on the board, or fear of failure. I too feel a bit of this, I have to think the media is partially responsible (thanks ESPN). At the end of the day I have to remain confident as JB is a fearless leader who I know has prepared this team for virtually everything. When I look at our repertoire of wins it really is quite impressive. Some may prefer double-digit wins each time out of the gate, and I can't say I don't blame you. If we reflect a bit think about this:

- The ability to become defensive supermen and hold your opponent scoreless while you go on a 26-0 run. There were countless other runs as we all know.
- Hitting 11 threes in Raleigh to annhilate a respectable NC State squad (amazing game to be at by the way)
-N0t to mention all of our players that set career game highs in points scored this year (Fab, Dion, CJ, KJo) I may be missing one (obviously the freshmen set career highs this year as well) :) , but it speaks to the balance and leadership

I wish I could be as witty and clever as the UConn fan that went off on his peers prior to the BE Tournament last year, probably sleep deprivation driving me to publish versus spending more time being crafty.

I did want to say to you all thank you for the years of quality posts (that I've read in isolation). I not only look forward to the Syracuse Season each year but to what this forum has to offer. Hopefully I can add a bit here and there going forward.

I wanted to end with it's been an amazing year and I think we should all have a great deal of confidence and pride in this team and faith that they will not go down without a tremendous fight (especially when the games start to have an increased meaning these next few weeks). I am just one die-hard fan (since '86), but if I can help convert at least one other from a "glass is half empty" to a "glass is half full" perspective, then I'll be pleased with my first day as a poster.

Nice post. Agree with all this. This has been a special season. We as Syracuse fans are blessed to have this team to enjoy. There is no fanbase in the country, except possibly Kentucky, that would not trade their season for ours in a minute.

I cannot believe how many spoiled and misguided posters there are right now, making indignant and even angry posts complaining about how poorly we played winning conference games on the road or winning against tough conference teams at home.

Who knows what the post season may bring. For a regular season, it doesn't get much better than this. No one in the history of the Big East has been 28-1 before. It is okay to be happy.

DNABB,
Nah not at all telling folks to shut up. Just trying to jog a few memories and inspire some additional confidence. We all know that Cuse overly tends to play to the level of competition. In past years this has gotten us in trouble. What is so inspiring this year is (while we continue to play up or down to superior/inferior) we have a myriad of ways to win and we are pulling these games out.

DUDE, great first post and all man, know that I am in the "all-in" crowd. I was more reacting to your choice of avatar.

Hope we can pull of a few more of those 26 to MARK IT ZERO runs.

Great post this has been one hell of a year. We need to get use to being the lead dog in the pack... Everyone else has the same view of our tail section and we have clear view ahead. Let the big dogs run and let see where we go. 28-1 baby let go SU!!!!!

GREAT POST.

For instance, in 2003 a person came with our group to N.O. and most of us had never met him. He proceeded to tell anyone that would listen that Texas or Kansas would blow us out. When you would listen to him, you would think we were the Bonnies playing in Lawrence. When the final horn sounded and Edelin was jumping on press row, this guy left the building and never joined us on Bourbon St. to party. He couldn't even enjoy himself after we won.

You went to the final four with Blue Curtain?

Nice post. Agree with all this. This has been a special season. We as Syracuse fans are blessed to have this team to enjoy. There is no fanbase in the country, except possibly Kentucky, that would not trade their season for ours in a minute.

I cannot believe how many spoiled and misguided posters there are right now, making indignant and even angry posts complaining about how poorly we played winning conference games on the road or winning against tough conference teams at home.

Who knows what the post season may bring. For a regular season, it doesn't get much better than this. No one in the history of the Big East has been 28-1 before. It is okay to be happy.

Well stated, Tom.

Way to make a splash with your first post, which was excellent. I believe only Fishy has had such a gaudy posts-to-likes ratio as yours--and he manufactured his because he's an admin. And he did it on a stolen laptop.

Welcome aboard! Please keep contributing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom