Longhorn Network--->ACC Network | Syracusefan.com

Longhorn Network--->ACC Network

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
A detailed article shedding some light on the trials/tribulations of the Longhorn Network. Reading it I'm not sure you can draw a conclusion about the affect on the ACC Network. I think the Network will eventually get there but I think the impending B1G negotiations will affect how much money ESPN can spend on another network.

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...hp?t=1f7d003bb4bc83a41f&cmpid=twitter-premium

Simple solution, Texas and ND join the ACC.

ha... Texas aint sharing any of their money. and they are going to still want their piece of the ACC pie.

Effin gag me

"Matthew McConaughey cooed grandiloquently: “Ours is the color of the sunset and leather. The shade of pride and heat. It’s the salute of a citizenry and sign of a nation. … For one school. One star. One state. Welcome to the Longhorn Network.”

Swofford has said he doesn't want to get into carriage fights like the LHN as endured...I think he is hoping for a rollout like the SEC Network.

TexanMark said:
Swofford has said he doesn't want to get into carriage fights like the LHN as endured...I think he is hoping for a rollout like the SEC Network.

He might as well hope for a unicorn, that kind of rollout ain't ever happening again.

He might as well hope for a unicorn, that kind of rollout ain't ever happening again.
So are you saying if the ACC Network comes out...it will be battle after battle over carriage?

I don't know Mark. I'm wondering if we will ever see an ACC Network.

TexanMark said:
So are you saying if the ACC Network comes out...it will be battle after battle over carriage?
MI think the moment has passed, perhaps. Today's cable environment is about broadband and skinny bundles.

Outside of the states of Virginia and North Carolina, an ACC Network...well, let's just say that it's not an SEC Network.

MI think the moment has passed, perhaps. Today's cable environment is about broadband and skinny bundles.

Outside of the states of Virginia and North Carolina, an ACC Network...well, let's just say that it's not an SEC Network.

This.
ESPN isn't paying monopoly money for content any longer. And what's worse is since the ACC is "tied to the hip" with ESPN, there is no chance of a bidding war for the ACC content between them and other sports networks.

In other words, "we gon git whut we gon git"

Effin gag me

"Matthew McConaughey cooed grandiloquently: “Ours is the color of the sunset and leather. The shade of pride and heat. It’s the salute of a citizenry and sign of a nation. … For one school. One star. One state. Welcome to the Longhorn Network.”
Grandiloquently. Excellent word for that dim bulbed Texan.
Well done!

ha... Texas aint sharing any of their money. and they are going to still want their piece of the ACC pie.

The fun just watching NC, ND and Texas egos collide would be worth it's own show. There are far worse reality shows on.

This.
ESPN isn't paying monopoly money for content any longer. And what's worse is since the ACC is "tied to the hip" with ESPN, there is no chance of a bidding war for the ACC content between them and other sports networks.

In other words, "we gon git whut we gon git"
Well that should be an extra $2M for each team...as written in the contract.

If ESPN doesn't start an ACCN in the ESPN-ACC renegotiation then ESPN must pay an extra 28 million per year which 2 million per school.

Carriage battles makes me want to dust off The Oregon Trail. Wish they'd update that concept for the new consoles.

Effin gag me

Am I the Longhorn Network or is the Longhorn Network me?

Carriage battles makes me want to dust off The Oregon Trail. Wish they'd update that concept for the new consoles.
wj548.jpg