look around the acc | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

look around the acc

I really don’t see this, unless Mobley is actually a lot better than he played. I’ve heard he’s good, but he didn’t show me much.

Adams was very good, and they played tough D. I feel like our last years team that had more guys who can shoot would’ve won by 10-15 though. As awful as we were(and some of that was due to their defense), we win that game if Brissett didn’t choke and miss a wide open putback layup.

They’d have to really get the perfect draw to get to the sweet 16...meaning teams that can’t shoot, and have no inside scoring. They’d have to be awfully lucky to see a team like that beyond round 1. They don’t really have size or athletes. Their attempts to finish after breaking our press were pretty bad.
I think Mobley is a lot better but agree with you for the most part.

Program defining win for the Hoyas though.

If you’re looking to define words that are synonymous with “poop”, then most definitely. :p

I came into the game last night thinking St. Bonnie was a good team. They won the game. But I thought they were terrible. We should have lost to any team last night by double digits. They had less offensive flow than US. Terrible shooting,bad ball handling and not much on the boards. I thought we saw two of the most inept offenses in the country.

His worst game of the year was against the Bonnie’s. Huerter would be the best shooter on our team and is exactly the kind of player we are missing. He’s averaging 14, 6, and 4 while shooting 47 percent from three and 53 percent overall. He’s had a triple double since he played us. He’s everything we wanted Cooney to be. How is he overvalued?

Huerter would have been Orange. #probation

BC about to squeak by lowly Richmond in OT. 2-9 Richmond.

But but...doesnt that take away from the narrative that Colgate is good because they had a lead on BC(that they squandered)? ;)

We had a bad game. It's only one game. We should have won in regulation. Make the last shot or the rebound lay up and we're 11-1.
We can still improve on offense. Have to figure out how to get it to the rim and play more like the teams we have played"inside out"
We don't shoot it well and have to either drive to the basket or drive and dish.
The defense has been good. The rebounding has been good. We're not that bad.
One game at a time.

I don't think any of the ACC teams are that good and are beatable. The best team by far (IMO) is Duke, but Duke has had trouble with the zone ever since we came into the conference - granted Bagley/Carter and their shooters will probably be enough to beat us, but you never know.

Carolina, Ville, Miami, ND - I'm not very impressed. I'm surprised UNC has been good as they have been, other than Berry I'm not seeing much. Their bench is weak and you could argue their 2nd player is Pinson, and he can't score. How long can Maye keep this up?

Every game will be a fight, there is no doubt about that. WIth the exception of Pitt, I think any game could be a win or loss.

However, we should win -

@Wake
Pitt
BC
@Pitt
Wake
NC State
@BC
Clemson

Let's say pessimistically we come out 5-3 of that group - with a chance of going 7-1.

Games that are 50/50-

VaTech (hardest game of this group IMO)
ND
@FSU
@GT
Louisville

I think it's reasonable to expect a 2-3/3-2 split of those ones.

That get's us to 7-5 (pessimistically IMO) with the possibility of 10-3

Games that we probably will be an underdog by 6 or more -

@UVA
UVA
@Miami
UNC
@Duke

Let's say 2-3 out of this group.

That get's us to 10-8.

Would it be crazy to say that we go 7-1 vs. the 1st group and 3-2 vs. the 2nd group? That gets us to 10-3; in that case stealing 1 win vs. those final 5 teams would give us 11 ACC wins and probably in the tournament.

We got a break with the scheduling this year. We have a lot of winnable games that we MUST take care of business in. Then we have teams like FSU and ND that we have been pretty successful against lately. @GaTech, Louisville and VaTech at home don't seem that scary at this point.

I think we split with UVA. If we can get 1 of @Miami, UNC, @Duke I'll be happy.

The schedule sets up nicely and we don't really have a "murders row" as far as tough consecutive games with the exception of @Miami, UNC, @Duke all in a row in late February.

Unlike last year, we have some nice OOC wins and no bad losses (barring the EMU game). So the amount of work we need to do in conference is way less than last year. Last year we had some huge conference wins to bring us very close to getting in the tournament - we won't need that many games that badly this year - but if we have an ACC resume this year that ends up similar to what we did last year, we should be in the NCAAs fairly easily.

Pitt, Wake, BC, and NC State are white hot garbage.

We could win or lose every game. As long as we win our share, (50% or better), we should be OK.

Pitt, Wake, BC, and NC State are white hot garbage.
Nope.
of that group only pitt is bad.
BC has possibly best backcourt in the league and now that Chatman dude is lighting it up too - will be tough to beat them twice.
@Wake will be a tossup.
NC State we should beat if only because it's at home, but they're improved now with an actual coach.

I don't think any of the ACC teams are that good and are beatable. The best team by far (IMO) is Duke, but Duke has had trouble with the zone ever since we came into the conference - granted Bagley/Carter and their shooters will probably be enough to beat us, but you never know.

Carolina, Ville, Miami, ND - I'm not very impressed. I'm surprised UNC has been good as they have been, other than Berry I'm not seeing much. Their bench is weak and you could argue their 2nd player is Pinson, and he can't score. How long can Maye keep this up?

Every game will be a fight, there is no doubt about that. WIth the exception of Pitt, I think any game could be a win or loss.

However, we should win -

@Wake
Pitt
BC
@Pitt
Wake
NC State
@BC
Clemson

Let's say pessimistically we come out 5-3 of that group - with a chance of going 7-1.

Games that are 50/50-

ND
@FSU
@GT
Louisville

@UVA
UVA
@Miami
UNC
@Duke

That get's us to 10-8.

Would it be crazy to say that we go 7-1 vs. the 1st group and 3-2 vs. the 2nd group? That gets us to 10-3; in that case stealing 1 win vs. those final 5 teams would give us 11 ACC wins and probably in the tournament.

We got a break with the scheduling this year. We have a lot of winnable games that we MUST take care of business in. Then we have teams like FSU and ND that we have been pretty successful against lately. @GaTech, Louisville and VaTech at home don't seem that scary at this point.

The schedule sets up nicely and we don't really have a "murders row" as far as tough consecutive games with the exception of @Miami, UNC, @Duke all in a row in late February.

Unlike last year, we have some nice OOC wins and no bad losses (barring the EMU game). So the amount of work we need to do in conference is way less than last year. Last year we had some huge conference wins to bring us very close to getting in the tournament - we won't need that many games that badly this year - but if we have an ACC resume this year that ends up similar to what we did last year, we should be in the NCAAs fairly easily.
Great breakdown, tho I think you're undervaluing a few teams.
Also, May is prob NC's best player - I'd say 1B w Berry - and their young bigs are coming along - hate to say it but they're legit once again

Nope.
of that group only pitt is bad.
BC has possibly best backcourt in the league and now that Chatman dude is lighting it up too - will be tough to beat them twice.
@Wake will be a tossup.
NC State we should beat if only because it's at home, but they're improved now with an actual coach.

Liberty, UNC-Greensboro, Northern Iowa, Georgia Southern, and Drake disagree with you.

If we lose to Wake, pack up the team.

Liberty, UNC-Greensboro, Northern Iowa, Georgia Southern, and Drake disagree with you.

If we lose to Wake, pack up the team.
um, OK.
if you're expecting easy SU wins @ Wake, @ BC and vs NC St I suppose you'll just be one of those posters around here who, after the game, bemoans how we can't beat "crap" teams by 20+... but hey those posts after such games are what make this place great!

um, OK.
if you're expecting easy SU wins @ Wake, @ BC and vs NC St I suppose you'll just be one of those posters around here who, after the game, bemoans how we can't beat "crap" teams by 20+... but hey those posts after such games are what make this place great!

Hyperbole, much? I never said I was expecting easy wins, but I guess reading comprehension isn’t a strong suit. That said, if we can’t beat those teams at all, then we belong in the same category as them.

Have yourself a Merry Christmas.

However, we should win -

@Wake
Pitt
BC
@Pitt
Wake
NC State
@BC
Clemson

Games that are 50/50-

ND
@FSU
@GT
Louisville

@UVA
UVA
@Miami
UNC
@Duke

That get's us to 10-8.

So at best we sneak in with a low seed. Playing 3 on 5, does anyone expect us to beat a one or two seed and make a run?

So at best we sneak in with a low seed. Playing 3 on 5, does anyone expect us to beat a one or two seed and make a run?
With all the lower D1 teams making the tournament it's not likely we would be playing a one or two if we just got in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom