Look at all the small guards in the final four | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Look at all the small guards in the final four

Oh ffs I'm not getting into it with someone trying to minimize Gmac's accomplishments that year. Ridiculous. He led the team in assists and steals.

Did I not say he was great? Jesus, dude.

4.4 assists is not a lot for a PG on any team in any year. That's not a controversial statement.

If Frank had 4.4 assists and 2.4 turnovers, he'd get crushed here. And we've established Frank wasn't that good.

2003 was a bit weird - anthony is like some deus ex machina in Boeheim's story. i think that's the only way we really succeed in a big way - small forward cheat code. the defense wasn't that good that year

bazley was supposed to be that guy (probably not anthony but who is)

scoop was bigger and slower than a lot of the high scoring guards in this tournament

Love the cheat code metaphor.

Scoop wasn't that big -- he was only about 6-1. But he was an actual lead guard, unlike what we've had recently. Granted, he was surrounded by a lot of good players [Fair, Dion, Triche, etc.] who made his job easier, but he was shorter that the "mold" JB covets.

I'll readily acknowledge that he wasn't a great defender. But he was also a senior that year, and by then had figured out how to at least be adequate in the zone.

Love the cheat code metaphor.

Scoop wasn't that big -- he was only about 6-1. But he was an actual lead guard, unlike what we've had recently. Granted, he was surrounded by a lot of good players [Fair, Dion, Triche, etc.] who made his job easier, but he was shorter that the "mold" JB covets.

I'll readily acknowledge that he wasn't a great defender. But he was also a senior that year, and by then had figured out how to at least be adequate in the zone.
he was a good jack of all trades who developed into a very good shooter. big enough, good enough ball handler. probably what they hoped to get out of howard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom