Looking at Army’s two deep | Syracusefan.com

Looking at Army’s two deep

GoSU96

Living Legend
They seem to be as big as SU on the lines and LB. Wr’s decent size.

They do start a 5-9 corner.

Good size at RB, short yardage guy is 255.

QB, typical Army Qb, very good runner, adequate passer for what they do.

SU is not going to over power Army, they don’t go 6-2 275 across the front and run a bunch of 5-9 guys at the skill positions.

SU is not going to over power Army, they don’t go 6-2 275 across the front and run a bunch of 5-9 guys at the skill positions.
Yep no push over, just win baby and come out with no injuries

Out of the 24 DBs on their roster, 9 are six footers
Out of the 23 defensive linemen on roster, 9 are 274lbs+
Out of six kickers on roster, half are from Texas
Out of 16 lbs on roster all except one range 6’ even to 6’2” - the exception is big boy Adam Cash at 5’11” and 230 lbs

Throw in four long snappers and we’ve hit 74 players before talking about the offense, what’s going on here?

Pick on the 5’9” guy all night. I remember teams doing that to us for years.

Also size =\= skill. Hopefully the big boys are playing for army because they couldn’t get on the field elsewhere.

This is not a push over game. Going to be a battle (pun intended). I expect us to win strictly because we can score at a higher clip I think. Our defense will give us the ball back on some turnovers I bet as well. I think it’s a close game but we kinda turn on the jets 3rd/4th

Out of 16 lbs on roster all except one range 6’ even to 6’2” - the exception is big boy Adam Cash at 5’11” and 230 lbs

Throw in four long snappers and we’ve hit 74 players before talking about the offense, what’s going on here?

Service Academies don’t have the 85 player limit.

Also - since technically everybody is on “scholarship”, they don’t have PWO’s either.

Yup, won't be easy to overpower them.

The speed factor is where we have a big advantage.

the avg guy walking around Army campus is probably a better athlete than walking around SU and in better physical shape. They still have the same 105 or whatever limit on who can play

What’s the NIL situation like at West Point? Do they have any of their own restrictions?

Service academies don't have the same scholarship/player restrictions as other schools.

Edit: 721 already answered

Pretty sure they aren't allowed to take any NIL at all because they're technically government employees, or something along those lines.
You are correct based on my Google search.

Registered to verify that service academy cadets and midshipmen are indeed prohibited from signing NIL deals, just like any government employee.

Also, re player limits, there isn't one in-season, at least not at the FBS level. There may be in various conferences, I do not know. The NCAA does limit at 110 the number who can practice before school starts / before specific number of days before first game -- the service academies are exempt from that rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom