Looking at Next Year's Rotation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looking at Next Year's Rotation

I believe we need another forward that can get to the rack and defend and a third center. We are fine at the G position.
Guard is arguably the weakest spot on this roster. We have no standout defender or proven shooter. You guys are nuts. Why do you think we wanted Leffew and Kadary.

Guard is arguably the weakest spot on this roster. We have no standout defender or proven shooter. You guys are nuts. Why do you think we wanted Leffew and Kadary.
I dont agree.
I really like Carlos. Like him better than Peppe.
I also believe Chance is going to crush it.
What worries me is the 3 spot. I'd like to see another kid 6'6 6'7 who can score and pressure.
Remember we played Joe at pg. Granted it didn't work out well but he was adequate. Carlos reminds me of a poor man's Johnny F.
Time will tell

I dont agree.
What worries me is the 3 spot. I'd like to see another kid 6'6 6'7 who can score and pressure.
Remember we played Joe at pg. Granted it didn't work out well but he was adequate. Carlos reminds me of a poor man's Johnny F.
Time will tell
So well we made the tournament once with Joe at that position in 3 seasons. Granted it was not all his fault

So you want a guard. A 6'6' guy who can score and pressure is a guard. We want the same thing.

So well we made the tournament once with Joe at that position in 3 seasons. Granted it was not all his fault

So you want a guard. A 6'6' guy who can score and pressure is a guard. We want the same thing.
His name is Chance

I dont agree.
Time will tell
Adequate meaning not on the bubble? Only year we made the tournament with him was when Kadary was here.

I would like a guy that could play the 4. We seem a bit small. Now, I don't know what Davis can give us there. He is 6'7.

I would like a guy that could play the 4. We seem a bit small. Now, I don't know what Davis can give us there. He is 6'7.
Our board is too obsessed with height. The Knicks are playing Josh Hart at the 4 at 6’4” most of the time in the NBA and it works because he plays his tail off. Davis looks like that guy as well.

3 Freeman is 6’10” now. Would feel better if we added another big forward type 6’9” 230lbs

YES. That's exactly what we're missing.
Ideally, that guy could also hit a 3.

When you looked at that link from the St. John's board in the Kadary thread, one of their posters said the exact same thing - "we need a stretch 4".

YES. That's exactly what we're missing.
Ideally, that guy could also hit a 3.

When you looked at that link from the St. John's board in the Kadary thread, one of their posters said the exact same thing - "we need a stretch 4".
That guy isnt coming here to play 7 minute a game.

Our board is too obsessed with height. The Knicks are playing Josh Hart at the 4 at 6’4” most of the time in the NBA and it works because he plays his tail off. Davis looks like that guy as well.
Eh, I agree for most of the season should be fine but against bigger teams like Duke and UNC, and come tourney time, wish we had another good big to back up both Freeman and Lampkin. Alternatively can we get Davis some heighteners?

Backup Freeman and Eddie, 25 mins per game
Freeman is going to play 30 plus. The quality of guy we are going to get there was posted on the recruiting board. It’s going to be a small role player.

Backup Freeman and Eddie, 25 mins per game
Are you forgetting the Highlander?

I see him getting every minute Lampkin isn't playing, barring injury or foul trouble. A 4/5 is getting only garbage time at center and power forward, unless he can beat out Freeman, Lampkin, Davis or McLeod. I could see some of that happening, but not enough to be worth it to a guy who is transferring. A guy who can beat all those guys out is getting a guaranteed starting spot.

That guy isnt coming here to play 7 minute a game.

Eight guys could all play around 20-25 minutes a game.

JJ, Bell, Lampkin, Freeman, Davis, Westry / Carlos. That's 6 or maybe 7.

And then, do these guys get more than 10-15 minutes? MacLeod, Cuffe, Moore.

If Westry is healthy, then Carlos will probably drop into the 10-15 minutes group.

Moore might play his way into 20 minutes a game if he can be a dependable 3 point shooter.

I still see 20+ minutes available for the right kind of player - a stretch 4.

None of the other bigs offer that, other than Freeman, and personally, I want him to start college ball playing inside-out. Learn how to score inside, then work your way outside.

Last edited:

If Westry is healthy, then Carlos will probably drop into the 10-15 minutes group.

Moore might play his way into 20 minutes a game if he can be a dependable 3 point shooter.

None of the other bigs offer that, other than Freeman, and personally, I want him to start college ball playing inside-out. Learn how to score inside, then work your way outside.
Lampkin is going to play 25-30 and Freeman 30-35. I assume McLeod gets 10-15 and Davis get 5-10 at the 4. I don’t see where you’re getting these minutes from. The 6th rated freshman is not playing 20 mpg. We are going to end up with some 3rd string bench guy barely better than Hima here.

Lampkin is going to play 25-30 and Freeman 30-35. I assume McLeod gets 10-15 and Davis get 5-10 at the 4. I don’t see where you’re getting these minutes from. The 6th rated freshman is not playing 20 mpg. We are going to end up with some 3rd string bench guy barely better than Hima here.
Freshman bigs usually suffer foul trouble. 30-35 minutes is too many minutes. Davis is going to be a very good player for us. He might be hard to keep off the floor. Remember Cooley got him to go to Providence. He likes big, strong, tough guys. Being 6’7” doesn’t bother me at all playing the four. Ingram at Carolina did ok playing the four and he might not even be 6’7”.

Are you forgetting the Highlander?

I see him getting every minute Lampkin isn't playing, barring injury or foul trouble. A 4/5 is getting only garbage time at center and power forward, unless he can beat out Freeman, Lampkin, Davis or McLeod. I could see some of that happening, but not enough to be worth it to a guy who is transferring. A guy who can beat all those guys out is getting a guaranteed starting spot.
That means we could be in trouble against any team with a center who plays in space or likes P&Rs.

Carlos will be closer to 35 minutes a game than 10. He's coming to play point guard.

Not to quibble, but we're not going to ever play Lampkin and MacLeod together, so that takes 10 minutes off from your post for the 5 position.

Freeman should play 30 minutes, I agree. But he's a freshman big who will likely face foul trouble, and also need to be encouraged to play close to the rim and not just float at the 3 point line, like Donte Greene did. That may involve some time on the bench.

You might not think there's time for any more players, but Red obviously does, or he wouldn't be out there looking for a couple more guys.

That means we could be in trouble against any team with a center who plays in space or likes P&Rs.

This is obvious to anyone who knows basketball that we need a stretch big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom