@ Louisville - W
GaTech - W
@ Pitt - W
UNC - L
@ BC - W
@ Miami - W

19-12 (12-8)

Good wins: @ UVA, @ ND, @ Louisville
Bad losses: none (possibly UNC, VaTech, OK State)

That 6-3 projection looks good. Too bad we're getting a healthy UNC team that will be better than their record. And I hate that Ok St may show up as a bad loss, they weren't bad when we played them and they had their stud.

That 6-3 projection looks good. Too bad we're getting a healthy UNC team that will be better than their record. And I hate that Ok St may show up as a bad loss, they weren't bad when we played them and they had their stud.
And as of now Clemson and VaTech are rated worse than ok state. But that Clemson game was on the road so it hurts a little less.

We could end up having 4 100+ losses

Wake - W
NC State - L
@ FSU - L
@ Louisville - W
GaTech - W
@ Pitt - W
UNC - L
@ BC - W
@ Miami - W

19-12 (12-8)

Interesting you see a win over Louisville but a loss too NC State. I'd flip those. But really in this year's ACC who knows.

I don't see the L to UNC or NCST. UNC is garbage, and NCST will be poorly coached out of a close game they are wininning until 2 min to go.

These next two home games are huge and essentially must wins in my opinion. After that, we have five of our remaining seven games on the road.
Four Quickies:
1. Wake played very well last night at UL. Up by 12 at half. Shots stopped falling in the second half. Lost by 10. But this is not a gimme.

2. Pitt is losing its momentum. Almost always tough to win there.

3. The game at BC is going to be tougher than we anticipate. They are much healthier than 2 weeks ago. We've had some trouble in Boston lately.

4. The NCSU game is simply enormous as there will only be 4 ACC bids IMHO.

Jus keep winning, and let the chips fall where they may. Hard to predict w/l's when most teams are truly mediocre. Sure we can beat anyone, but we can just as easily lose. I just want the streak to continue. If we somehow make the NCAA's i'll be pretty jazzed.

IF UNC is 11-16 or 12-15 when they play us I don't see us losing. They will have nothing to play for. Their schedule is difficult before they get to us.

Four Quickies:
1. Wake played very well last night at UL. Up by 12 at half. Shots stopped falling in the second half. Lost by 10. But this is not a gimme.

2. Pitt is losing its momentum. Almost always tough to win there.

3. The game at BC is going to be tougher than we anticipate. They are much healthier than 2 weeks ago. We've had some trouble in Boston lately.

4. The NCSU game is simply enormous as there will only be 4 ACC bids IMHO.

That GT game will be a complete dog fight as well. They will be out for revenge in that debacle of theirs the first time we played them, and they have their point guard back. There's not one game on the remaining schedule that is a gimme type, all of them will be difficult and just as easy as we could win them (sans UL & FSU) we can just as easily lose them. Like in those AT&T ads, if we play "just okay" we probably lose most of those. We have to play well in all of them to win...we have zero margin for error.

Wake - W
NC State - L
@ FSU - L
@ Louisville - W
GaTech - W
@ Pitt - W
UNC - L
@ BC - W
@ Miami - W

19-12 (12-8)

I like the confidence against Louisville, I also think JB will school Mack again. Looking forward to his furrowed bald brow as the zone befuddles him again.

I like the confidence against Louisville, I also think JB will school Mack again. Looking forward to his furrowed bald brow as the zone befuddles him again.
Mack rankles me, too. I am no doubt being shallow, but he puts off an aura that he's done something meaningful in his career, when he hasn't. He better win in short order, as the other NCAA hammer will drop on that program soon (it was not under his watch, to be fair).

I'm going to go full on optimistic here just to change it up!
We'll have the best player on the court most games...and we shoot free throws well, and we score enough to seemingly be in most games in the ACC. So, with that being said, hopefully we get some timely injuries to some other teams, and:

Wake: #winning

*NC State: #winning (toss up, but I'll go for the win)

FSU: #winning (I have every reason in the world to think we lose this one, for every reason I think we're very weak overall, but just a feeling I'll run with)

Louisville: #losing

GaTech: #winning

Pitt: #winning

UNC: #losing (same as the Florida State game...just a feeling...nothing more insightful than that)

BC: #winning (I thought we may very well lose to them the first time around...instead we blew them out...so, let's assume we blow them out again)

Miami: #N/A (Is there whole team hurt? It seems like any time I watch them half the team is out, or in the midst of being taken off the court...kinda like UNC)

No idea why I #hashtagged any of that

* If Markell Johnson suddenly remembers how to shoot...oh, you silly zone...we're going down against NC State (and that seems like the sort of crap that very likely will happen)

Georgia Tech and BC likely end up much closer games this time around...maybe we lose one. :(

Wake - W
NC State - L
@ FSU - L
@ Louisville - W
GaTech - W
@ Pitt - W
UNC - L
@ BC - W
@ Miami - W

19-12 (12-8)

Unfortunately that would look like a nit resume to me but I hope it doesn’t come to that!!

I think Wake plays us closer than NCSt or FSU which I think is our "lights out" shooting game.

I think we must go 7-2 for a shot. Chance of that is 15%. Our guys play too many minutes to be good down the stretch in the last 4 minutes of these close games...and they are all close games. Goodine should play and should have played more.

Mack rankles me, too. I am no doubt being shallow, but he puts off an aura that he's done something meaningful in his career, when he hasn't. He better win in short order, as the other NCAA hammer will drop on that program soon (it was not under his watch, to be fair).

They have faced off just one time, last February in the Dome. They only scored 49 points and for the year they averaged 75, so I do like that game for a scalp on coaching alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom