Looking at the remaining schedule does anyone see 4 or 5 wins? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Looking at the remaining schedule does anyone see 4 or 5 wins?

this POS was 5-2 coming off a BOWL win that had the University, the locals, the NYCers and ALL of the ALUMNI...buzzing.

and he flucked it up.

since then hes done nothing but lose and fire Conley.

See ya!!!

Oh Lord
That Conley thing really got to you, huh.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

this POS was 5-2 coming off a BOWL win that had the University, the locals, the NYCers and ALL of the ALUMNI...buzzing.

and he flucked it up.

since then hes done nothing but lose and fire Conley.

See ya!!!

Oh Lord
Does this mean you're leaving???

That Conley thing really got to you, huh.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
at the time it did, but then i thought...well, maybe Conley wasnt that good of a coach, he went from the small time to the really big time very quick. (which i believe is bullspit) but now i think that duggie canned him as a scapegoat. saying that he wasnt his hire and he wanted his guys on his staff. which is fine i suppose, but apparently he is such a buffoon that the guys he hires are worse than the ones he was given.

Yeah that's what I'm saying.

What about the issues I outlined?? You want to make your point but you refuse to address the issues myself and others have raised that continue to dog this team. Penalties, turnovers, and disasterous special teams were an issue in year 1 and are still here in year 4, why is that? Is it not concernign to you that we had an article this week saying Marrone wants to address these issues when they have been ongoing since he took over 4 years ago? 3 pts against Minnesota? 28 against a 1AA who nearly lost to Colgate?

I would be stunned if we end up with 5 wins. STUNNED based on what I saw the past 2 weeks. Hard to believe this is the same team that we saw hang with USC for 3+ quarters.

I love how people say "guaranteed losses" and "no way we beat."
Looking for the right word or words to describe these statements and the best I can come up with is "just plain stupid." These people sound like the handicappers on late night TV trying to sell their picks. "Guaranteed"..."Lock of the week"..."College football game of the year"...that's how stupid some people on this thread sound.

Let's go one week at a time...beat Pitt and go from there.

I love how people say "guaranteed losses" and "no way we beat."
Looking for the right word or words to describe these statements and the best I can come up with is "just plain stupid." These people sound like the handicappers on late night TV trying to sell their picks. "Guaranteed"..."Lock of the week"..."College football game of the year"...that's how stupid some people on this thread sound.

Let's go one week at a time...beat Pitt and go from there.

You mean you don't want to focus on the Clemson game in 2018? You would like to see how this team plays against Pitt (which if I recall HCDM has a pretty good record coming off of byes) before anointing or denouncing? Revolutionary idea!

I think the problem is all the road games. I know we caught lightning in a bottle in 2010 on the road, but haven't been very good ever since. Winning on the road is tough in college football. We need to win all 3 home games, then take 2 on the road, Temple being obviously the most likely.

As Scooch said, we'll know a lot more after Friday night, but I still think getting to 6 is probably going to be too tall of a task.

Team needs to look a lot more like they did against Northwestern (huge yardage difference), and a lot less like they did against Minnesota (negligible yardage difference).

You mean you don't want to focus on the Clemson game in 2018? You would like to see how this team plays against Pitt (which if I recall HCDM has a pretty good record coming off of byes) before anointing or denouncing? Revolutionary idea!

Who is talking about Clemson? When you look back over the past few years its not going out on the limb to say that this team is going to struggle again during the conference schedule.

Pitt - Haven't won since 2004, let that sink in 2004
Cincy - One win since 2004
Uconn - Two wins since 2004 the last being in 2006
Louisville - Two wins since 2004, 0-3 under Marrone
South Florida - One win since 2004, numerous blowouts.
Rutgers - Three wins since 2004 a team Marrone has shown we can gameplan against and win
Temple - Havent played since 04 and I dont want to relive that game.

Who is talking about Clemson? When you look back over the past few years its not going out on the limb to say that this team is going to struggle again during the conference schedule.

Pitt - Haven't won since 2004, let that sink in 2004
Cincy - One win since 2004
Uconn - Two wins since 2004 the last being in 2006
Louisville - Two wins since 2004, 0-3 under Marrone
South Florida - One win since 2004, numerous blowouts.
Rutgers - Three wins since 2004 a team Marrone has shown we can gameplan against and win
Temple - Havent played since 04 and I dont want to relive that game.

Another silly argument. You can say that about a great percentage of teams in CFB and it leaves no room for improvement. Does it really matter what we did in 2004 and against whom? Our, for example, sophomores were in 6th/7th grade!!

Again, Nostradamus, let's go one week at a time...beat Pitt and go from there.

Another silly argument. You can say that about a great percentage of teams in CFB and it leaves no room for improvement. Does it really matter what we did in 2004 and against whom? Our, for example, sophomores were in 6th/7th grade!!

Again, Nostradamus, let's go one week at a time...beat Pitt and go from there.

Again your confusing what the post is about. I am simply using 2004 as the point to show our records against these teams from when the BE changed due to re-alignment. No one is ed enough to say because we lost in 04 were losing this year. However if you go by the last three years you can see we have struggled against pretty much every team not named Rutgers or West Virginia. Do you honestly think were suddenly going to beat all these teams in the same year when our OOC portion was pretty much a disaster (1-3) and now were going to play teams who know us like the back of there hands and who we haven't been able to score on consistenly in the BE portion of the schedule since Marrone tookover?

You dont have to be Nostradamus to look at the conference portion of the schedule and see that there could be issues. Regardless of the outcome of the Pitt game people are just going to keep kicking the can down the road or trying to lower the bar even though its pretty much on the ground at this point.

I'd just like to add a reminder that for me personally I don't really care how many wins we get this season. I just want to see the progress on offense continue. If we go back into a shell offensively, that's going to be soul crushing. If we keep losing but lose with this new offense, I'm in support of that because I believe it will yield dividends in the future.

What about the issues I outlined?? You want to make your point but you refuse to address the issues myself and others have raised that continue to dog this team. Penalties, turnovers, and disasterous special teams were an issue in year 1 and are still here in year 4, why is that? Is it not concernign to you that we had an article this week saying Marrone wants to address these issues when they have been ongoing since he took over 4 years ago? 3 pts against Minnesota? 28 against a 1AA who nearly lost to Colgate?

Does it concern me, not a whole lot. The bigger story is the overall improvement in the program to where that stuff matters.

Turnovers get you killed, but I'm not sure it's much more than bad luck right now. 4 tipped balls and 1 fumble by 5 different guys. They run a lot of plays, it happens. They need to improve, but it's not like guys are being sloppy or reckless with the ball, other than Smith's backward pass screw up. Nassib has 1 Int that is on him.

Specials, they have improved week by week. Coverage has gotten much better and Norton has done a great job and Fisher had his best game last week.

There are three rookies at return right now, let's give them a little time before passing judgment.

As for penalties half have been offsides or false starts, that stuff can be fixed. We should be encouraged by the fact that there has been one holding call on the OL all year and there have only been two PI calls.

If we lose against Pitt, its time to start playing the future of the program. This group of seniors has had a year and a half to start winning, and have put up 0-8, one more would be 0-9, at that point time to move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom