Looking for info on the origins of Robert DeNiro in the Syracuse tshirt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looking for info on the origins of Robert DeNiro in the Syracuse tshirt

No lie...My family lived above the Caroma when I was born. Lived there about 6 months. The Deniro’s would come up and watch tv with us after they ate downstairs ( the last sentence is a lie )

Ha i laughed out loud at the last sentence.

but seriously, i hope you ate well for your 1st 6 months. The family owned it and lived upstairs for awhile. Not sure if they sold it or rented it whenever they moved out. Or maybe we are related?

I wish Dan was here to comment but I strongly believe Dan told me he would see Bobby every summer when he came up to visit with his grandparents. Bobby would join Dan and the rest of his friends, all about the same age, and play games with them. Their favorite was playing cowboys and Indians.

Dan grew up on Durston Ave, which is a mile or two from where the Caroma was (I believe it was on Lodi, near Hawley Ave.). His grandfather was Italian and it had to be one of the closest Italian restaurants in the areas.

Sounds very plausible to me.

-fd44c7eec45a6920.jpg
Not to jump this thread but it was a sad day when Caroma closed its doors. That was the heyday of Italian restaurants in Syracuse. So many good ones. Caroma, Aunt Josie’s, Grimaldi’s, Enrico’s, Gilberti’s . All family run. Going to dinner at any of them was like Sunday at Nonna’s.

From Wikipedia: American entrepreneur, artist and inventor Michael Vasilantone started to use, develop, and sell a rotatable multicolour garment screen printing machine in 1960. Vasilantone later filed for patent[6] on his invention in 1967 granted number 3,427,964 on February 18, 1969.[6] The original machine was manufactured to print logos and team information on bowling garments but soon directed to the new fad of printing on T-shirts.

The product produced by the invention was originally called a Syracuse, but then in order to create broader appeal they changed the name to T-Shirt.

Ha i laughed out loud at the last sentence.

but seriously, i hope you ate well for your 1st 6 months. The family owned it and lived upstairs for awhile. Not sure if they sold it or rented it whenever they moved out. Or maybe we are related?
I’m told we rented. The experience served as a springboard for my addiction to pasta,sauce,oregano,garlic,etc. It hijacked
my cross country running career.