Looks like BE BB schools likely to leave | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like BE BB schools likely to leave

Looks like the Big East has joined JoePa:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...asketball_only_schools_c2PMii2vTg8twF80US3G6H

What becomes of UCONN and Cincy? I can't see the ACC offering them salvation at this point. Maybe if Slive or Delaney get greedy again soon. Should they considered the MAC? I don't think Boise is going to be quick to jump into a hybrid situation again so I can't see the Huskies and Cincy being invited to a "Best of the Rest Conference" as football-onlies.

Looks like the Big East has joined JoePa:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...asketball_only_schools_c2PMii2vTg8twF80US3G6H

What becomes of UCONN and Cincy? I can't see the ACC offering them salvation at this point. Maybe if Slive or Delaney get greedy again soon. Should they considered the MAC? I don't think Boise is going to be quick to jump into a hybrid situation again so I can't see the Huskies and Cincy being invited to a "Best of the Rest Conference" as football-onlies.

Boy those schools are in for a rude awakening. Do they really think anyone give a anymore about Seton Hall, St. Johns, Depaul, and Gtown, this isnt 1995.

Depaul?

Their RPI is 175. Only two spots higher that Monmouth.

DePaul ripped 8-1 Arizona State last night in Tempe by 20 points...they might be good enough to get a NIT bid this year.

BTW, I think this meme pretty much sums up the last 2 weeks

842446.jpg

Most of the schools have fallen off the map and once the BE implodes they are going to find out how hard it is to be a major bball power in a non BCS conference.

If only the BCS would implode next...a complete and total farce in lieu of a legit playoff that the vast majority of fans want...I apologize for the hijack. :noidea:

Boy those schools are in for a rude awakening. Do they really think anyone give a anymore about Seton Hall, St. Johns, Depaul, and Gtown, this isnt 1995.

I believe they'll land on their feet okay. Many of these teams are in areas with good DMA's and could see NBC or its cable channel picking up the live programming and revenue stream...

Just read the linked story. Jeez, does Robbins have a hard on for SU or what? Talking about the various defections of a once prominent league and never mentioning the 'Cuse by name. Interesting...

So much for a lucrative TV deal and "attractive" conference games from noon to midnight across four time zones.