Looks like Donte landed with the Nets | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Donte landed with the Nets

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Not a bad destination for him really. He has a chance to contribute there I'd think.

Not a bad destination for him really. He has a chance to contribute there I'd think.
I think it's a great spot. Should be real uptempo and a fun franchise to watch. I guess he will be competing with Gerald Wallace for PT. Plus I think he will be a media favorite. Doesn't come across as a "shy" guy.

If you don't mind playing for a russian mobster.

His checks don't bounce, right?

Considering how it's gone in the Premier league over in England, I'd say playing for a Russian mobster does have some upside.

wow - he is the luckiest mofo in the world. sad that he is not getting a guaranteed contract, but what a great situation.

hope he learns to dribble.

I think it's a great spot. Should be real uptempo and a fun franchise to watch. I guess he will be competing with Gerald Wallace for PT. Plus I think he will be a media favorite. Doesn't come across as a "shy" guy.
Yeah. For a team that needs bench help but is a likely playoff contender, like the Nets, it's smart to take a flyer on a young guy that has produced a little bit but hasn't really found a niche. I think it could work out really well for him.

Plus, I think Avery Johnson will be a good coach for him.

He can now throw up that dynasty at--------> th_jiggalol.png

Putting together a decent journeyman career for himself.

I have always felt that the fan base has been hard on Donte. He had to have had one of the top 10 most productive season for a freshman forward at SU under JB. Plus he did it on a team that was one of the least experienced that I can remember after Andy and Devo went down which also made Donte THE 3pt shooter on the team. I remember him getting hammered by the fan base for shooting bad 3's (which he did) but he was also told to shoot by the staff because we had no one else. I bet he was only a few tics lower than Melo as a 3pt shooter.

Edit: Crazy thing is that that team makes the NCAA's if Paul and Donte didn't give that game away to Putt @ home very late in the season.
BE rotation that season was 4 frosh, one JUCO a Soph and a redshirtsoph.

I have always felt that the fan base has been hard on Donte. He had to have had one of the top 10 most productive season for a freshman forward at SU under JB. Plus he did it on a team that was one of the least experienced that I can remember after Andy and Devo went down which also made Donte THE 3pt shooter on the team. I remember him getting hammered by the fan base for shooting bad 3's (which he did) but he was also told to shoot by the staff because we had no one else. I bet he was only a few tics lower than Melo as a 3pt shooter.

Edit: Crazy thing is that that team makes the NCAA's if Paul and Donte didn't give that game away to Putt @ home very late in the season.

I remember that game. Paul Harris literally handed the Pitt player the ball on the end line when trying to get the ball in. Do it All, indeed.

I didn't have a problem with him shooting a lot, it was the bad shot selection. You can shoot a lot, without having terrible shot selection.

Chuckers who don't play defense, aren't usually fan favorites. I like Donte and hope he does well. The fan reaction to him leaving was ridiculous, and that's what I have a problem with.

This is not the NFL non-guaranteed contracts are not good! This is not journeymen status J Hart was a journeyman and his contracts were guaranteed. Donte better come in playing hard or he will be out the league by January. Jonny better get his butt on a roster ASAP or he will be in Europe in 2 months! Camps start in 5 weeks!

This is not the NFL non-guaranteed contracts are not good! This is not journeymen status J Hart was a journeyman and his contracts were guaranteed. Donte better come in playing hard or he will be out the league by January. Jonny better get his butt on a roster ASAP or he will be in Europe in 2 months! Camps start in 5 weeks!

I went to one of Donte's game: playing hard is exactly what he doesn't do.

Paul Harris is dumber than dirt is it possible to have negative basketball IQ.
Well, here we go again. Just moved from Pearl to Paul.
If you can't find some things to say in a positive manner, why don't you find a team to support that you like. :mad:

Well, here we go again. Just moved from Pearl to Paul.
If you can't find some things to say in a positive manner, why don't you find a team to support that you like. :mad:
Name one positive thing Paul did in his time at SU. Shoot outside 5 feet - nope, commit 5,000 bone-headed turn-overs and fouls - yep, lead the team to not one but two NIT births. Your right Paul should be celebrated as an all time great, once he gets out of jail again.

Name one positive thing Paul did in his time at SU.

He pretty much played hard all the time.

The one thing I will always remember about Paul (well other than his penchant for making bone headed plays) was that whenever he was on the bench, he was the #1 cheerleader. He was jumping up and down, cheering everyone on when he was on the bench. That always stuck with me.

Name one positive thing Paul did in his time at SU. Shoot outside 5 feet - nope, commit 5,000 bone-headed turn-overs and fouls - yep, lead the team to not one but two NIT births. Your right Paul should be celebrated as an all time great, once he gets out of jail again.
Twenty-nine points, 22 rebounds, 13 of 14 from the line in THE game for the ages, the 6 OT win over UConn in the Big East tournament. Nobody said he should be celebrated as an all-time great, but he's not deserving of your snotty, snide comments (i.e., once he gets out of jail again).

Did I take a wrong turn this morning and wind up on syracuse.com?

The only thing you could question was his maturity level off the court. Paul was a fine player on the court. Unfortunately, he came in with completely unrealistic expectations and was never going to be 50% of that. I thought he was a good player for us overall.

He pretty much played hard all the time.

The one thing I will always remember about Paul (well other than his penchant for making bone headed plays) was that whenever he was on the bench, he was the #1 cheerleader. He was jumping up and down, cheering everyone on when he was on the bench. That always stuck with me.

Both good points - he was as good a cheerleader (don't mean that in a pejorative way at all) as anyone we've had, and he didn't pout when Boeheim started to go exclusively with Kristof toward the end of 2009 (yeah, I know, those are things he's supposed to do, so maybe there's no need to go overboard on the praise).

And he did play hard; that's a positive, especially considering the culture on those teams - lots of his teammates dogged it. Not a high effort era.

He also did a lot of positive - and unreported - things off the court. Good member of the Syracuse community for three years (again, in sharp contrast to the car-kicking, chair-throwing, girl-hitting, train-running culture of those teams).

(Also, the recollection of the Pittsburgh game was way off - Harris wasn't the inbounder, he was hit pretty hard upon receiving the inbounds pass, etc. But some people are more comfortable changing the facts to fit their biases.)

(Also, the recollection of the Pittsburgh game was way off - Harris wasn't the inbounder, he was hit pretty hard upon receiving the inbounds pass, etc. But some people are more comfortable changing the facts to fit their biases.)

Was it Eric on the inbounds pass? I was at the game, but my recollection isn't all that good of it 4 years after it happened.

Both good points - he was as good a cheerleader (don't mean that in a pejorative way at all) as anyone we've had, and he didn't pout when Boeheim started to go exclusively with Kristof toward the end of 2009 (yeah, I know, those are things he's supposed to do, so maybe there's no need to go overboard on the praise).

You can also throw in that he seemed to be the whipping boy of the team when he was there and he seemed to take it well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom