Looks like Donte landed with the Nets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Donte landed with the Nets

Was it Eric on the inbounds pass? I was at the game, but my recollection isn't all that good of it 4 years after it happened.

Unfortunately (but fittingly, given the thread), it was 'Te. I believe it was coming out of a timeout, too, so it was from the near sideline (not the baseline), thrown back directly into the paint.

You can also throw in that he seemed to be the whipping boy of the team when he was there and he seemed to take it well.

Harris didn't conduct himself perfectly, but I would imagine very few people in this world could tolerate Boeheim's behavior for an extended period - especially as the singled-out player that each team has. Not everyone is Kueth Duany or Scoop; some guys get their feelings dinged more easily. Harris was one of those guys.

Found the play in question.
Also forgotten: the layup off the steal only gave Pitt a one-point lead with under ten seconds to go. A winnable ballgame for Syracuse. Only after SU screwed up its last possession did Boeheim go haywire over the missed foul call. He drew a technical and Pitt added four more points.

Unfortunately (but fittingly, given the thread), it was 'Te. I believe it was coming out of a timeout, too, so it was from the near sideline (not the baseline), thrown back directly into the paint.

Found it on youtube.
It almost looks like the Pitt defender pulled the chair on Paul. Paul seemed to try and back the guy down and lost his balance a bit when the guy wasn't where he thought he'd be.

LOL otto, beat me to it. I remember thinking about us calling a TO after the bucket but from what I remember we didn't.

Twenty-nine points, 22 rebounds, 13 of 14 from the line in THE game for the ages, the 6 OT win over UConn in the Big East tournament. Nobody said he should be celebrated as an all-time great, but he's not deserving of your snotty, snide comments (i.e., once he gets out of jail again).
I remember Jim Calhoun stating on several occasions how he hated facing Harris and the challenges he presented as an opponent (particularly his rebounding). I don't believe Calhoun expresses those sentiments about mediocre or simply "good" players very often.

Found the play in question.
Also forgotten: the layup off the steal only gave Pitt a one-point lead with under ten seconds to go. A winnable ballgame for Syracuse. Only after SU screwed up its last possession did Boeheim go haywire over the missed foul call. He drew a technical and Pitt added four more points.

Is it me or does the ball look to be off the Pitt player...

Found it on youtube.
It almost looks like the Pitt defender pulled the chair on Paul. Paul seemed to try and back the guy down and lost his balance a bit when the guy wasn't where he thought he'd be.

LOL otto, beat me to it. I remember thinking about us calling a TO after the bucket but from what I remember we didn't.

Nice camera angle that I never saw before today. A lot less contact than it looked based on the midcourt view; as you said, looks like Paul found himself with no one to lean on and lost control of the ball. Still, it's a handcheck (and the Pitt coaching staff was all shouting at the team to intentionally foul and stop the clock).

Goes unsaid by most of us (since I'm still bitter about the sequence): great play by Sam Young.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom