Looks like Orlando OT Shawn Curtis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Orlando OT Shawn Curtis

Marrone himself said the team's strength and conditioning was poor when he arrived. Everyone blamed it on Grob. But hicks has to take SOME blame, doesn't he? Sometimes I think we keep Hicks because of Freeney.
Not so sure. A former player once told me he was working out in the weight room and GRob came in a bit peeved... lit into the strength coach saying he was working them too hard with too much weight. I know that sounds stupid and made up...but that's what he told me.

Not to nitpick, Tom, but Andy Phillips has junior eligibility. Your point is valid nonetheless. And I don't think Foy translates well to tackle at all. Maybe Nick Robinson, but not Foy. They really like the kid from Michigan a lot, Kyle Knapp.

We will bring in two Jucos this year as there is no way a frosh OT is going to be able to play unless they are all world and we are not in play with any all world OT's Each of our current HS recruits will need a minimum of a year in the program to produce and we dont have a year so count on a minimum of two Jucos

We will bring in two Jucos this year as there is no way a frosh OT is going to be able to play unless they are all world and we are not in play with any all world OT's Each of our current HS recruits will need a minimum of a year in the program to produce and we dont have a year so count on a minimum of two Jucos

We'll be returning 9 out of our top 11 OL next season, so needing someone to come in and play immediately isn't necessarily the issue.

The issue is the following year, when we lose 3-4 more off the two-deep, including several key guys.

Not so sure. A former player once told me he was working out in the weight room and GRob came in a bit peeved... lit into the strength coach saying he was working them too hard with too much weight. I know that sounds stupid and made up...but that's what he told me.
I believe it and my guess is that GROB was looking to point the blame finger on anyone else than himselfGROB was the "W" of football coaches. The biggest and important part of S and C is the endurance factor of conditioning. If you see the players rresting on their knees early;we is in trouble.:bat:

Officer, Officer, Officer! In many ways he is more important than Ebo.

I was in school at su when they fired coach P and the coaching switch happened and was friends with a few players. They suddenly had much more time available in their schedules. I don't know if what you said is exactly what went down but I'm pretty sure hicks got ham strung from what he wanted to do during that era. Marrone I believe has brought back the old s&c setup and added plyometrics training based on some of the info ive seen come out. I'm sure most of the training program is coach Mac/P SU plus the NFL regimen he learned from years of coaching at that level.

Curtis and Officer would be HUGE gets. Other than that offensive line is so hard to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a NYC kid like Foy or Palmer that we have never heard of.

Wonder if there are any JUCO OLs that Doug's looking at. Maybe at Nassau?

Curtis and Officer would be HUGE gets. Other than that offensive line is so hard to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a NYC kid like Foy or Palmer that we have never heard of.
Getting a kid like Foy or even Bromley would be a typical Marrone coup. That "under the rada
@CuseNationFOX
3-star #Syracuse OL target Shawn Curtis (Orlando, Fla./Olympia) tells us his official visit to campus is on October 19 when SU hosts#UConn

r" kid only we seem to see down there. I think we all prefer the kids that don't have to be coached up but if the end product is like the previously named we all take them and smile. Next yer's O-line looks to be very good. My personal prediction shows Emerich at center, Trudo andFoy at guard. Pugh and Hickey at tackle Palmer and Knap as wild card possibilities along with Robinson. Al in all experience and size except for Palmer and Knapp.:eek:

Getting a kid like Foy or even Bromley would be a typical Marrone coup. That "under the rada

r" kid only we seem to see down there. I think we all prefer the kids that don't have to be coached up but if the end product is like the previously named we all take them and smile. Next yer's O-line looks to be very good. My personal prediction shows Emerich at center, Trudo andFoy at guard. Pugh and Hickey at tackle Palmer and Knap as wild card possibilities along with Robinson. Al in all experience and size except for Palmer and Knapp.:eek:

Macky will start at center next year and will be very good both as a player and leader.

I would expect the 2013 O-line 2-Deep (if pugh stays) to look like this:
Pugh-Trudo-Macky-Foy-Hickey
Knapp-Richardson-Emerich-Palmer-Phillips

Foy will have heavy competiton for the RG spot. If Pugh leaves, Hickey plays LT and Knapp or Phillips battle for RT.

Macky will start at center next year and will be very good both as a player and leader.

I would expect the 2013 O-line 2-Deep (if pugh stays) to look like this:
Pugh-Trudo-Macky-Foy-Hickey
Knapp-Richardson-Emerich-Palmer-Phillips

Foy will have heavy competiton for the RG spot. If Pugh leaves, Hickey plays LT and Knapp or Phillips battle for RT.
I did overlook Mackey's red-shirt and eligibility but your analysis is good I think Pugh stays but of course thats a guess. The better the competition in there the better the team. Either way is good with the player's slots IMO.;)

I did overlook Mackey's red-shirt and eligibility but your analysis is good I think Pugh stays but of course thats a guess. The better the competition in there the better the team. Either way is good with the player's slots IMO.;)
Re Macky. He is not and will never be a quality blocking center. His main strength thus far is not messing up his short snapping duties. YET!

Re Macky. He is not and will never be a quality blocking center. His main strength thus far is not messing up his short snapping duties. YET!

I'm glad you don't work for the Cuse scouting department ...

I'm glad you don't work for the Cuse scouting department ...

Figures Macky has a great game upfront but botches his first snap of the season ... thx for the jinx Cali.

How the hell can Cali figure out how make a post and quote 2 different posts from 2 different people. I don't even know how to do that. :bat: :bang: (n)

How the hell can Cali figure out how make a post and quote 2 different posts from 2 different people. I don't even know how to do that. :bat: :bang: (n)

Cali is just a figment of your imagination.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Cali is just a figment of your imagination.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Beats me

Any news on how his visit went?
Sounds like it went great. He's got Wake & Iowa St to visit before a decision is made. Had dinner at the Marrone's and said he imagined himself in a Syracuse uniform while enjoying the UConn beat down. His host was Nick Robinson.

This is a year old video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom