Looks Like This Will Drag On... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Looks Like This Will Drag On...

As I stated before My only problem with the situation is Doug is the one who says to his players honesty, accepting responsibility, doing the right thing. Its a good thing to be thought enough of to be interviewed, but when honesty, responsibility, etc are important in your life you need to acknowledge you are interviewing not be silent.

Are you speaking specifically about what the recruits are being told?

For those of you who post that your upset he's been interviewing for 5 - 6 teams, it's hard to take anything you say after that seriously. He's interviewed for 2 teams so far, big difference between 2 and 5. If he ends up interviewing for 5 - 6 teams then complain about taking that many interviews.

1 or 2, like the bills and browns fine...but if he interviews with all these other teams then f him we should move on. Why should we now want a guy coaching here who's got one foot out the door.

for all of you saying you need to put a deadline on DM to make a decision relax its been 4 days .Most likely all of this will be wrapped up by the middle of next week id expect. I have no idea if DM will get a nfl head coaching job or offer and if he does it speaks very well to where the syracuse program is and the respect level gained in the last 2-3 years. You really cant blame a pro assistant turned su head coach for looking at nfl head coaching opportunities .

If DM leaves he must feel the program is back on stable footing where the next coach should be able to keep the program trending upwards.I have to think marrone wouldnt take a bunch of people off su staff as a favor to university. As for potential replacements should DM get hired by one of the teams he interviews with. Hackett to me is the logical replacement keep the offense the same probably keeps our recruits happy with either shafer or henderson running our the defense.

And finally stop the fighting and bickering we all bleed orange here,1 person cant break us

1 or 2, like the bills and browns fine...but if he interviews with all these other teams then f him we should move on. Why should we now want a guy coaching here who's got one foot out the door.

just because hes talking to nfl teams doesnt mean he has 1 foot out the door

Umm...because he IS coveted by the NFL and this is now common knowledge. Will it be used against SU on the recruiting trail? No doubt it will. Will all the positive PR that comes from having an NFL desired head coach outweigh the negative? I think it will.

Let's assume that DM leaves, SU hires a new coach who, after 4 years, the NFL is again chasing to interview. You wouldn't sign up for that today?

You interview with whoever calls you in the NFL. Novice NFL HC candidates don't get to pick and choose. Nobody has said Marrone is calling all the teams.

You interview with whoever calls you in the NFL. Novice NFL HC candidates don't get to pick and choose. Nobody has said Marrone is calling all the teams.

Exactly my point.