Looks like we have 2 open slots for 2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like we have 2 open slots for 2019

I think we should go after a wr and rb.

Clearly we need a GT Safety to stopgap until Cisco is ready for contribute. He just isn’t there yet.

(I don’t know how to do sarcasm font)

Transfers from Michigan to Minnesota?

My only question is why a DE? Both our starters will be gone next year in addition to the GT DE which leaves us in the same position next year.

Yeah, I would prefer a DT to a DE, too. I would also probably prefer a JUCO to a 5th year guy, because our system asks a lot in terms of a player's conditioning. I'd like to get somebody for 2 years, not just one.

Any latest news on what will happen with the 1 scholly? 2019 H.S. kid, JUCO, or Grad Transfer?

Position?

Any latest news on what will happen with the 1 scholly? 2019 H.S. kid, JUCO, or Grad Transfer?

Position?

Don't we have 2? Or did I miss something?

So is there still a possibility that 1 or 2 new kids are added to the roster before fall camp starts?

I have a gut feeling antwon Cordy could fill one for those 2 slots... Based on nothing concrete..

Unless the perfect grad transfer falls into our laps, the staff is done with 2019.

Agreed in general on the fifth year transfer front. Wouldn't rule it out, but has to fill a key need.

But I also think the staff will also be actively scouring non-traditional channels to see if an intriguing prospect frees up [a la Alton Robinson].

We will use all scholarships. Either on new transfers or existing players.

Toad over at NJ.com is saying that a DT named Ron Johnson is a grad transfer from Michigan who has eyes on Rutgers. He graduated in 3 years so he has 2 years of eligibility left. He's a former 4 star recruit who never really saw the field. 4 star and Michigan sound nice, but playing in basically one game as a freshman and not since seems to indicate he might not be a much of a contributor if he came to Cuse. I believe that he is from NJ originally.

Toad over at NJ.com is saying that a DT named Ron Johnson is a grad transfer from Michigan who has eyes on Rutgers. He graduated in 3 years so he has 2 years of eligibility left. He's a former 4 star recruit who never really saw the field. 4 star and Michigan sound nice, but playing in basically one game as a freshman and not since seems to indicate he might not be a much of a contributor if he came to Cuse. I believe that he is from NJ originally.

Starting LS(for 8 games) is also a pwo. Staff usually carries 1 scholly LS.
And the one LS who was on scholarship graduated...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom