Losing Cole Swider | Syracusefan.com

Losing Cole Swider

Yeah Swider was a big miss the kind of guy we always are gonna recruit. Marek wasn't even going to get 10 minutes a game next year and he'd have regressed to where he was most of this year when he never shot. Unless Bazley was a bust he was playing 35 and Oshae gets 35+. Marek can't play up front and won't play the 5 with Sid and Paschal around. Marek now gets to play 35+ a game and become one of our great 4 year guys. Should have a John Wallace type career for us. Hate the Bazley loss but tell me where Marek is gonna play with Bazley and Oshae on the team.

I don't see us landing Girard either. When you look at the other schools in the hunt, 'Nova, Michigan and ND, those schools and their styles really seem to fit his skill set better. I hope he commits to SU, but I'm not feeling too optimistic about it.

'Nova can be right back in the FF next year as everyone that matters has eligibility left, along with a solid class coming in. Mikal Bridges is predicted top 12, so he's gone as a junior, but I thought Brunson was a senior, until those "3D lazer graphic" intros last night.

I don't see us landing Girard either. When you look at the other schools in the hunt, 'Nova, Michigan and ND, those schools and their styles really seem to fit his skill set better. I hope he commits to SU, but I'm not feeling too optimistic about it.
That's only part of the reason

He's not coming here

That's only part of the reason

He's not coming here

So, is the other alleged part something that if you told me, you'd have to kill me kind of thing? ;) In the end, whatever the other 'part' is, it's consequential to the one that carries the most weight, which is what style of play, etc. fits his skill set the best.

So, is the other alleged part something that if you told me, you'd have to kill me kind of thing? ;) In the end, whatever the other 'part' is, it's consequential to the one that carries the most weight, which is what style of play, etc. fits his skill set the best.

I bet it's because JB isn't a 'warm and fuzzy' creature. :rolleyes:

Or #muchodinero

We gotta get back to not grinding out games. Really interested to see how we play next year. If Boeheim makes Carey and Frank walk it up again then we are in trouble.

We have no shot at Girard

Girard's father played for Beilein at Lemoyne. Would be surprised if he didn't go to Michigan.

Time to admit we are UGLY. A very ugly program that a lot of kids with talent see us as stylistically ugly. Perception leads to rejection. We are the big zit of college bb. There is a reason JB hates man to man D; he could never play it well. He also was a tweener, not strictly a guard or a forward. That 65-66 team was composed of tweeners. The one kid you could call a guard in the traditional sense was Richie Cornwall.
I think JB was influenced in his early coaching days by his playing experience at SU to a greater degree than he is now. Walk it up slow down bb and zone D are not what the talent out there wants. Things change and JB's change is in the opposite direction.

I know this won’t be popular but losing Girard is not a fraction as bad as losing Bazley. He’s a great scorer but it’s against not so great competition, give me any of Bertram, Whitney, Battle, or Guerrier over him.

Time to admit we are UGLY. A very ugly program that a lot of kids with talent see us as stylistically ugly. Perception leads to rejection. We are the big zit of college bb. There is a reason JB hates man to man D; he could never play it well. He also was a tweener, not strictly a guard or a forward. That 65-66 team was composed of tweeners. The one kid you could call a guard in the traditional sense was Richie Cornwall.
I think JB was influenced in his early coaching days by his playing experience at SU to a greater degree than he is now. Walk it up slow down bb and zone D are not what the talent out there wants. Things change and JB's change is in the opposite direction.
Perhaps, but the bigger question is if we have an alibi.

How can one "lose" something they never had? :rolleyes:
Finally...words to live by!
Can't lose what you never had.

The Allman Brothers did a great version.
And Muddy told the world a long time ago:

I don’t know why we even bother having a program any more.

Because even Sister Jean can make the Final Four once or twice in a century, duh. ;)

Seriously, even teams like that have hardcore fans. Are we spoiled? That's a question worthy of it's own thread, in my opinion. Should we expect more or, be satiated where we are? That's the issue at hand. Our mediocrity would be treasure to the bunnies like the Bonnies. Oops, bad example at the moment(NY's CBB Team title belt holders), but you get what Im saying.

Last edited:
Finally...words to live by!
Can't lose what you never had.

The Allman Brothers did a great version.
And Muddy told the world a long time ago:

Muddy Waters(or Roger Waters...or even Rickey Waters) > Mike Waters