Lost a great Syracuse BBall fan last night... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lost a great Syracuse BBall fan last night...

JB44 my condolences go out to you, 57 is way too young. Glad you had a great relationship with your father, that is something to treasure. Will be sending prayers in your direction.

Peace

So very sorry to hear, JB. My dad was the one who got me hooked on SU sports as well. Unfortunately he died of a heart attack at 47 when I was 15. Now when I can, I bring my boys to the Dome with me and share what my dad taught me. Forget NY, SU is becoming Heaven's College Team! My deepest condolences.

I want to share a funny Syracuse story about the man who got me addicted to the color orange; My Father.

Last night, around 3am, I lost my father to stage 4 lung and throat cancer. He was diagnosed in January and over the past couple months, have taken many trips from North Carolina to New York since then when receiving calls from family/nurses saying it's time to say goodbye. He was 57 years old and was suffering a great deal so I take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place. If there is one statement here to make, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. The disease is simply (and frankly) a bitc*.

I was hesitant to go to the Final Four this year because of his health, but was encouraged by many to go anyways. I wished I could have had him there with me, but spoke to him before leaving talking about the trip. Before the game, I received a call from his Nurse stating he had been talking Syracuse Basketball all day. He was predicting a Syracuse over Michigan victory with a final score of 60-57. During the last couple of minutes, I was about crapping my pants.

He loved sports, he bought me my first ever Syracuse piece of clothing, and was an even better man. I know he will be watching games from up above.
I am very sorry for your loss, man.

I don't know you and I didn't know your dad, but this post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry for your loss. I work with my dad every day, and I can't imagine anything different. 57 is way too young. My condolences to you and your family.

You have my sincerest sympathy... and you and your family are very much in my thoughts and prayers. My father, who also died way too young, was responsible for me becoming such a sports fan. He took me to Giants baseball games at the old Polo Grounds when I was very young... and taught me to keep score like a professional when I was about 8 years old. Forty years after his death, I still have many happy memories... and I am sure you will also.

Sorry to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB thank you for sharing . I lost my wife to cancer when my girls were very young and I still miss her everyday. Overtime things do get better. Stay strong and stay positive. Im sure your Dad is very proud of you.

Deepest condolences to you and yours. I lost my own father very suddenly to his second heart-attack in 2002. I hope that you can find an enormous amount of solace in the time you did get to spend with him, because that's a huge source of comfort for me.

Gosh Y'all, I logged on here after a day spent of funeral planning and I can't tell you the warmth I've felt looking over this thread. Thank you for the words and the personal stories. This community truly is great here. Words can't express the thanks I am giving for your words and prayers.

To end on an interesting note, when did The Citizen stop printing Monday papers? I've been in NC for about 2 years now, and they I was told today that they wouldn't run my Father's Obituary until Tuesday (the day of his services). Not angry at all, just a bit surprised.

I want to share a funny Syracuse story about the man who got me addicted to the color orange; My Father.

Last night, around 3am, I lost my father to stage 4 lung and throat cancer. He was diagnosed in January and over the past couple months, have taken many trips from North Carolina to New York since then when receiving calls from family/nurses saying it's time to say goodbye. He was 57 years old and was suffering a great deal so I take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place. If there is one statement here to make, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. The disease is simply (and frankly) a bitc*.

I was hesitant to go to the Final Four this year because of his health, but was encouraged by many to go anyways. I wished I could have had him there with me, but spoke to him before leaving talking about the trip. Before the game, I received a call from his Nurse stating he had been talking Syracuse Basketball all day. He was predicting a Syracuse over Michigan victory with a final score of 60-57. During the last couple of minutes, I was about crapping my pants.

He loved sports, he bought me my first ever Syracuse piece of clothing, and was an even better man. I know he will be watching games from up above.

Sorry for your loss. Glad you had someone special to give you something you will continue to enjoy the rest of your life.

So sorry for your loss. We receive so much from our parents beyond genetics. Sports fandom is one of the best things.

I am so sorry for the loss of your father at such a young age. There is a wonderful book out now by a neurosurgeon, Dr. Eben Alexander, about his near death experience, Proof of Heaven. He had an extremely rare form of bacterial meningitis, and within a few hours was in a coma that lasted 7 days. All brain activity was dead and no one has ever come back from his condition. He had an incredible experience and didn't even know he was from earth. I found it soothing and inspiring, and perhaps, at some point, it would comfort you to read it.

The last book my 51 year-old father ever read was Life After Life, the first book about near death experiences by Raymond Moody. This was in '78. Mom said he was reading passages out loud from the book as they laid in bed that night. The next morning he died of a heart attack in bed. Hence my ongoing interest in the subject. I was so happy he had been reading that book!

I am so sorry for the loss of your father at such a young age. There is a wonderful book out now by a neurosurgeon, Dr. Eben Alexander, about his near death experience, Proof of Heaven. He had an extremely rare form of bacterial meningitis, and within a few hours was in a coma that lasted 7 days. All brain activity was dead and no one has ever come back from his condition. He had an incredible experience and didn't even know he was from earth. I found it soothing and inspiring, and perhaps, at some point, it would comfort you to read it.

The last book my 51 year-old father ever read was Life After Life, the first book about near death experiences by Raymond Moody. This was in '78. Mom said he was reading passages out loud from the book as they laid in bed that night. The next morning he died of a heart attack in bed. Hence my ongoing interest in the subject. I was so happy he had been reading that book!
I feel very bad for everyone of us who have to deal with this b.s. My dad died 5 yrs ago last month with prostate cancer @ 67 and my mom has lung cancer 4th stage now and is on the way out also. It breaks my heart to see people in this world that don't deserve this and it is so extremely painful in multiple ways. I can only pray for everyone to have as little pain as possible and to die peaceful. Amen.

Many of us have lived with cancer and/or relatives and friends who have gone down that terrible road. Join us this month by supporting your local Relay for Life. It's an opportunity to share your experiences with others who have been there. It's also the chance to support and give hope to those who are fighting this horrible disease. If you can financially support research to beat cancer, so much the better. But just being a part of Relay can be a meaningful experience for you.

JB, through the grace of time you will find comfort in the memories of your father and the Orange "gift" he gave to you.

sorry for your loss. lost my dad to cancer in '98 when I was 19. while he wasn't a cuse fan I got my passion of sports from him, he lived and died with the Mets as do I.

My condolences to you and your family for devastating loss. It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship with your father not the least of which supporting Cuse Hoops.

Cancer is a bitch
Heaven colored more orange
Peace and love to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors