Lot of contentious threads and I hope I’m not adding to it... | Syracusefan.com

Lot of contentious threads and I hope I’m not adding to it...

Is it BAZley or BAYZley?
Since I didn't want to add another thread, it must have been a good day for page views when you have four threads locked during the day. Imagine if we hadn't won two games in a row, weren't at .500 in the conference and clinched the 49th straight winning season for the Syracuse basketball program. Oy!!!

BTW, it's Bayzley, isn't it.

Is it BAZley or BAYZley?
Why would you want to create more controversy? I say fire him whoever he is and what ever his name is. A bird in the bush is worth a pile in your hand. If he can't innovate his name pronunciation he is a dinosaur and we need him to do the right thing and quit. I'll keep him if this one person can come up with 6 to 7 names in his rotation playing all the minutes. Otherwise a win is a loss.... And this is just mediocrity seeping in. I have friends that could pronounce his name better. I'm not kidding - they beat any real coach out in pranuncinging ripples nammmes. Never --- never ever stir things up like this again.

Since I didn't want to add another thread, it must have been a good day for page views when you have four threads locked during the day. Imagine if we hadn't won two games in a row, weren't at .500 in the conference and clinched the 49th straight winning season for the Syracuse basketball program. Oy!!!

BTW, it's Bayzley, isn't it.

I thought it was BAZley, but Francis in his pods calls him BAYZley. I don’t know what’s to think.

I thought it was BAZley, but Francis in his pods calls him BAYZley. I don’t know what’s to think.
What's weird is that I always make it a point to learn how to spell someone's name correctly and how to pronounce their name correctly, but I know I mispronounce SID-de-bay vs sid-de-BAY or MAYR-ric vs ma-REEK and it actually doesn't bother me that I pronounce them wrong. In my mind, the PA announcer says it wrong and I am saying it the right way.

2018-02-12_1734.png

It's pronounced Bayzley. Then again, I'm still waiting for one tv play-by-play guy to pronounce Bourama's last name right. I even reached out to Pete Moore about it. He responded to me but the tv guys still haven't gotten it right. A couple of road PA announcers have gotten it right. Not sure if Matt Park got it right on the radio after not pronouncing it correctly in the exhibition games.

It's just like City-Bay. Not sure why they can't get it right. Pretty easy.

I'm still waiting for one tv play-by-play guy to pronounce Bourama's last name right. I even reached out to Pete Moore about it. He responded to me but the tv guys still haven't gotten it right. A couple of road PA announcers have gotten it right.
sounded like McDonough got it right last week!

Question: I am new to this board, joined in December, like it very much and wish I joined earlier. Why do threads get locked? Is it because at some point moderators think it is overkill and nothing productive or worthwhile is being posted? For example, after 23 pages of JB calling out Moyer and family in his presser, did moderators close it down because nothing original was being posted?It was getting pretty redundant after awhile. Thanks in advance for any explanations.

It's pronounced Bayzley. Then again, I'm still waiting for one tv play-by-play guy to pronounce Bourama's last name right. I even reached out to Pete Moore about it. He responded to me but the tv guys still haven't gotten it right. A couple of road PA announcers have gotten it right. Not sure if Matt Park got it right on the radio after not pronouncing it correctly in the exhibition games.

It's just like City-Bay. Not sure why they can't get it right. Pretty easy.

Makes sense. I was reading his name as “Quayde” on this board for over a year. I’m so bad at this.

Question: I am new to this board, joined in December, like it very much and wish I joined earlier. Why do threads get locked? Is it because at some point moderators think it is overkill and nothing productive or worthwhile is being posted? For example, after 23 pages of JB calling out Moyer and family in his presser, did moderators close it down because nothing original was being posted?It was getting pretty redundant after awhile. Thanks in advance for any explanations.

Usually two reasons:

1. There’s nothing left to discuss that’s relevant (like in recruiting threads when a prospect goes elsewhere)

Or (and way more frequently)

2. The discussion gets too contentious or personal.

Usually two reasons:

1. There’s nothing left to discuss that’s relevant (like in recruiting threads when a prospect goes elsewhere)

Or (and way more frequently)

2. The discussion gets too contentious or personal.
Thanks, got it.

Thanks, got it.
In all seriousness you won't find a better forum out there, not just for su sports, but any sport. It's incredibly well moderated and tons of good discussions and content. You won't find better info anywhere. And fun, honestly. I use this place for solid Bball (etc) and syracuse discussion but also fun.

Sometimes threads go awry but can't deny the passion of most on here.

In all seriousness you won't find a better forum out there, not just for su sports, but any sport. It's incredibly well moderated and tons of good discussions and content. You won't find better info anywhere. And fun, honestly. I use this place for solid Bball (etc) and syracuse discussion but also fun.

Sometimes threads go awry but can't deny the passion of most on here.

I feel the same way. Sometimes we resemble the angry family a little too much but even that makes it fun sometimes.

sounded like McDonough got it right last week!

Did he? I thought he did the emphasis wrong. It's not Seh-DEE...bay. The first two syllables are said just like City with that emphasis. Everyone (and I think Sean) overemphasizes the DEE.

Did he? I thought he did the emphasis wrong. It's not Seh-DEE...bay. The first two syllables are said just like City with that emphasis. Everyone (and I think Sean) overemphasizes the DEE.
nah I distinctly heard him say it as SID-uh-bay

Similarly, I’ve heard Coaches Boeheim and Autry pronounce Marek’s name differently.

Autry said Mah-RECK.

Boeheim said MARE-eck.

Different pronunciations and emphasis at different spots.

Vince? Come on - chime in so I can sleep tonight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom