Lot of contentious threads and I hope I’m not adding to it... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lot of contentious threads and I hope I’m not adding to it...

Similarly, I’ve heard Coaches Boeheim and Autry pronounce Marek’s name differently.

Autry said Mah-RECK.

Boeheim said MARE-eck.

Different pronunciations and emphasis at different spots.

Vince? Come on - chime in so I can sleep tonight!

I believe Red is correct.

Question: I am new to this board, joined in December, like it very much and wish I joined earlier. Why do threads get locked? Is it because at some point moderators think it is overkill and nothing productive or worthwhile is being posted? For example, after 23 pages of JB calling out Moyer and family in his presser, did moderators close it down because nothing original was being posted?It was getting pretty redundant after awhile. Thanks in advance for any explanations.

More times than not its because posters start attacking each other instead of arguing differing opinions. Or the discussion gets over the top negative against a player, coach, the program, etc.

To add to the controversy. Is it pronounced Tomato (long A) or tomahto? Potato or Potahto?
It really depends on whether you're talking about a potato or a potatoe.

Why would you want to create more controversy? I say fire him whoever he is and what ever his name is. A bird in the bush is worth a pile in your hand. If he can't innovate his name pronunciation he is a dinosaur and we need him to do the right thing and quit. I'll keep him if this one person can come up with 6 to 7 names in his rotation playing all the minutes. Otherwise a win is a loss... And this is just mediocrity seeping in. I have friends that could pronounce his name better. I'm not kidding - they beat any real coach out in pranuncinging ripples nammmes. Never --- never ever stir things up like this again.
Classic

Is it BAZley or BAYZley?

I assume you’re trying to be prepared when the time comes to yell at his parents?

There’s a lesson here. People still are respectful enough to use Mr. and/or Mrs.

Gives me hope for our future.

Fascinating. Is it Pets Mart or Pet Smart?
agtmbomg.gif

Okay, noticed this while watching the Wake game, and it has to be said. I think I know what JB's problem is. I think his hips and back are out of alignment because he has a Costanza wallet. And has it on him during games, which seems weird. Does he not have a locking office in the Dome where he can store valuables, or is crime in Syracuse really that bad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom