Earl Duncan - Rutgers
Bobby Lazor - AZ State?

Nice call orangebabe

7. Bobby Lazor - Arizona State - 1997-1998 - 17.3 PPG
8. Tony Bland - San Diego St. - 2002-2003 - 16.1 PPG
9. DeShaun Williams - Iona - 2003-2004 - 14.6 PPG
10. Earl Duncan - Rutgers - 1990-1991 - 14.6 PPG

stuckinbig11 said:
I have that clip also--still scares the crap out of me.

Not the most talented player but not too many played harder or were tougher. One of my all time favs just because of how hard he played and the low expectations.

Not the most talented player but not too many played harder or were tougher. One of my all time favs just because of how hard he played and the low expectations.
Suttree [hearts] him some Kristof Ongenaet, an Orange of the highest enduring caliber, right up there with the enduring legacy of Allen Griffin. A legitimate Orange-enaut. Dude was a warrior who was called upon and answered mightily during his time at the 'Cuse. Does anyone know whether he came back in during that game? The answer doesn't matter much to me for his enduring legacy.

hated to see bob lazor go, but boeheim beat on him like a rented mule

I always thought that Glenn Sekunda was a underrated transfer loss for SU back in the early 90s.

The transfer was akin to losing Bobby Lazor, just 4-5 years earlier. Similar skill set. Come to think of it, Sekunda and Lazor had similar games to both Richard Manning and Keith Hughes, both of which left.

Sekunda transferred to Penn State and had a very very nice career. He actually led PSU to the NCAA Tourney, which is really saying something.

I just read up on Sekunda and was reminded that he hit a game-winning last-second shot to beat (a top 25-ish good) Seton Hall team. I think it was a really tough shot too. He played professionally for a decade in Europe.

Those were the days...

I always thought that Glenn Sekunda was a underrated transfer loss for SU back in the early 90s.

The transfer was akin to losing Bobby Lazor, just 4-5 years earlier. Similar skill set. Come to think of it, Sekunda and Lazor had similar games to both Richard Manning and Keith Hughes, both of which left.

Sekunda transferred to Penn State and had a very very nice career. He actually led PSU to the NCAA Tourney, which is really saying something.

I just read up on Sekunda and was reminded that he hit a game-winning last-second shot to beat (a top 25-ish good) Seton Hall team. I think it was a really tough shot too. He played professionally for a decade in Europe.

Those were the days...

I thought that too.

The question is, do you want Sekunda starting over Luke Jackson at the 3 in '93-'94 and '94-'95?

I don't know the answer to that question; Jackson's one of my favorite players. He had a good junior year and rounded into an excellent shooter by 1995 (almost 38% from three as a senior). Would Sekunda have been better? Would Sekunda have worked hard enough in practice to unseat Jackson?

Both of those teams had a lot of offensive talent but too little depth (no size in 1994 and freshman Todd Burgan and/or Moten backing up the 3 in 1995). Would've been nice to have both Jackson and Sekunda on those teams.

Except for that one-minute opportunity in the national championship game, of course. I don't know what his plus-minus was, but I remember it being a bad minute.

I could just as easily look this up, but Glenn Sekunda scored a lot of points for Penn State, no?

Sorry, missed your question earlier. Sekunda is on my list, but I could find no data on him (Penn State has miserable site), so I am not sure where he would rank.

scottynguyen said:
Wow I completely forgot DeShaun played at Iona for a season.
oh god yes. The coach was pumped at the outset...,