Lots of doom and gloom | Syracusefan.com

Lots of doom and gloom

We did this without Grant and against 3 refs. This team is resilient.

Cooney won't miss that many open looks often.

We won. It all i asked for.

Play better Saturday.

I want to think like that. But to me a top 5 team up 12 in the second half against a bad team completely dead in the water should put the game away regardless of Grant not being in the game. And I'm really not so sure about Cooney not missing open shots - he seems to miss most of them nowadays.

You're right...we should have drawn more fouls on those 3 shots we took in the paint in the second half.

I want to think like that. But to me a top 5 team up 12 in the second half against a bad team completely dead in the water should put the game away regardless of Grant not being in the game. And I'm really not so sure about Cooney not missing open shots - he seems to miss most of them nowadays.

A bad team who nearly also won at cameron. Grants loss was the key. And the officiating wasnt good. ive seen much worse but jumpshots or not there were several uncalled fouls or bad calls on us. The fat dude who mugged rak, then nearly took cjs head off and the missed call where keita went up.. no calls.

Grant would have been able to take his man to the rim all game. Its a win down a key offensive contributor.

I think we are starting to get fatigued, regardless of what JB says playing guys for 35 plus minutes a game takes it's toll!

Now at the end of the year we are starting to see the side effects. The boys need a much needed rest this week!

A win is a win but this one didn't exactly make me want to open a beer to celebrate. OK, I did open a beer... ;)

Outside of duke .. there hasnt been one damn pretty win all year. Tons of complaint threads. Not sure ive ever seen so many the future is dark posts after wins on this board since ive been on here.

A bad team who nearly also won at cameron. Grants loss was the key. And the officiating wasnt good. ive seen much worse but jumpshots or not there were several uncalled fouls or bad calls on us. The fat dude who mugged rak, then nearly took cjs head off and the missed call where keita went up.. no calls.

Grant would have been able to take his man to the rim all game. Its a win down a key offensive contributor.

Clearly they play to the level of competition though. This has been going on for what seems like forever - probably since the Vtech game. This should have been a comfortable win - they were playing fine without Grant, and then just basically stopped doing anything.

This team Fought hard to be number one. And we played some real tough teams on the way.

Since the Notre Dame game(our first as number one) we have been in hiding. The exception maybe being the Pitt game.

The negativity has some merit but for a lot of the wrong reasons people are saying.

"We have to put teams away!" "We have no killer instinct!"

Maybe there was truth in that in the BC game. But in this game, other than the turnover or two vs the press, and Maryland making fewer dumb turnovers, how much worse did we really play the last 10 minutes than the first 30?

CJ made the offense look good enough early by knocking down some bigtime, tough, long, contested 2's. Those shots are an analytics' guy's worst nightmare of a shot for obvious reasons - but hey he's a unique player and that's kind of his bread&butter, so whatever.
Cooney had about 4 chances at wide open dagger 3 & missed them all.

Jeff Van Gundy is right - it's a make or miss game. That's doubly or triply true for us when CJ is the one shooting and Grant is on the bench - because it completely negates our #1 offensive weapon - which is getting on the glass. This is another reason I'd like to see Ennis be more selfish as he was tonight.

I think it goes w/out saying but this team has little hope of going anywhere w/out Grant.

I think Roc deserved one or two less fouls and he definitely was fouled once or twice in the post and they weren't called. That said, he complains every foul, has to chill with that. Not helping his cause. Go up strong, try to initiate contact with the intent to score. See Jerami Grant. Need Roc to be tough in there and he should know by now he's not going to get his share of calls. But just let your play do the talking. Refs ripped a us little bit. Not terrible, but I thought it was in favor of turtles.

26-2. 26-2 everbody.
On the line for a one seed.
Split with Duke.
Beat UNC.
Unbeaten OOC.
How many of us thought we could have accomplished all this at the start of the season?
Let's Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom