Lots of empty baby blue seats at UNC tonight.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lots of empty baby blue seats at UNC tonight..

Roy may not be the best gameday coach or anything like that. But his teams have been really successful. 5 elite 8's in the last 6 years. It's not like, historically, he has 2 good years and one bad year or something like that.

He is a great recruiter, but if you can't coach on game day than you can't coach. Game day is pretty f*ng important

I went to that game last night with a buddy of mine who is a Tar Heel fan. UNC is as bad as you think they are. The pieces don't fit, the coaching isn't there, confidence is non-existent. The NIT is their zenith this year.

Can someone who remembers the legendary careers of Mark Randall and Adonis Jordan explain how they made the national finals?

RoyBoy has made it past the Sweet Sixteen 6 times in the 9 years he's been at North Carolina. Coach K, who gets any player he wants too, has done it twice in the same time period. Calipari's done it 6 times at 2 different schools in those 9 years. Calhoun did it 4 times and Boeheim did it once.

If Coach K is a great coach then you've got to credit Williams for at least being a good coach, it's not easy making the Elite Eight even when you have talent and an allegedly great coach.

Not sure he had top 5 talent in 2010. Davis was a lotto pick. Henson was a frosh, Zeller a soph. He had no real PG. Talent, but top 5?

Davis started off the season as a projected top 5-10 pick and was pretty disappointing before hurting his wrist I think, which again goes back to players coming in highly regarded and not really getting any better. He had Henson starting the year at small forward, yea the same one who last year was an awful shooter outside of 5 feet and has little to no skill then let alone as a freshman. Zeller was a McDonald's all American 7 footer who had experience when healthy on a championship team the year before. They brought in the number 1 class in the country, had experienced leader Marcus ginyard and will graves who was a rotation player that was an upperclassmen. His team was young and inexperienced for the most part, but lets not act like he had a bunch of no names with no talent. They probably had around 4-5 McDonald's all Americans. Roy's a good coach who's won a ton of games and has championships to his name. He's a great recruiter and he has a TON of talent on his team every year. I just think his teams typically are soft and underachieve. As I said before also, I can't remember one example of him ever beating a team equal or more talented than his in a big game besides maybe Hansbeoughs freshman year when he scored 40 at Cameron to beat number 1 duke. I also can't really think of one player that improved substantially under him and improved over time. He's a great recruiter, I've met him and he's a great guy a really nice man, but IMHo he always has a ton of talent that more often than not underachieves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom