Lots of good details in this ESPN story | Syracusefan.com

Lots of good details in this ESPN story

The source also added that ACC presidents now have an agreement that if contacted by any other conference they must immediately disclose it to the group and that other than Maryland, no such disclosures have recently been made.

Well, that's interesting.

This is interesting:
The source also added that ACC presidents now have an agreement that if contacted by any other conference they must immediately disclose it to the group and that other than Maryland, no such disclosures have recently been made.

Damn Scooch, you beat me to it.

And if any school does not tell of any such contact they will be challenged to a dance fight of Micheal Jackson proportions.

Who's bad?

michael-bad.jpg

^^^^I was about to cut and paste the same line about the President's agrement.

I would absolutely love to see the ACC schools hold firm in this and I have to wonder if Louisville made some promises regarding their academics as well...I see a lot of potential here.

Well, that's interesting.
What I find interesting is that, if you read it one way, no school would need to disclose if they had PREVIOUSLY been contacted by any other conference (i.e., before this 'agreement' was put in place).

Interesting comment:

"The source also added that ACC presidents now have an agreement that if contacted by any other conference they must immediately disclose it to the group and that other than Maryland, no such disclosures have recently been made."

I wonder if they'll all abide.

Well, even if they don't I guess we can take comfort in the thought that The Dude abides.

Cali just called me and said that the source also added that ACC presidents now have an agreement that if contacted by any other conference they must immediately disclose it to the group and that other than Maryland, no such disclosures have recently been made.

Cali just called me and said that the source also added that ACC presidents now have an agreement that if contacted by any other conference they must immediately disclose it to the group and that other than Maryland, no such disclosures have recently been made.
I'm glad he noticed that - because I certainly found it interesting. Not sure if anyone else did or not.

"The ACC also considered UConn and Cincinnati for membership. However, sources told ESPN the league only wanted Louisville because there is a sense among league presidents that the ACC can add more schools at a later date if the conference loses any other schools"

Hmm doesn't sound like a confident bunch to me.

"The ACC also considered UConn and Cincinnati for membership. However, sources told ESPN the league only wanted Louisville because there is a sense among league presidents that the ACC can add more schools at a later date if the conference loses any other schools"

Hmm doesn't sound like a confident bunch to me.

And they just tipped their hand! B1G will have Cincy and UConn in the fold by the end of the day.

why is everyone overlooking the fact that EVERY SINGLE school AGREED to sue maryland??

in other words...this includes fsu and clemson.

if they are suing someone for leaving, to turn around and leave themselves...would be, even in this day an age...and incredibly egregious act and therefore would likely never happen.

Oh Lord

why is everyone overlooking the fact that EVERY SINGLE school AGREED to sue maryland??

in other words...this includes fsu and clemson.

if they are suing someone for leaving, to turn around and leave themselves...would be, even in this day an age...and incredibly egregious act and therefore would likely never happen.

Oh Lord

Good catch Kaiser.

It would be difficult in court to say that you voted for the litigation, which presupposes that you felt it was meritorious, and then claim otherwise. The ACC lawyers are trying to do everything to establish the best case against any school going forward.