Lots of raves for Ryan Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Lots of raves for Ryan Nassib

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Yesterday Antonio Pierce and Hannah Storm were telecasting from Giants practice and Sal Palantonio was doing the sideline reporting.

Just as they mentioned Ryan he went in for some duty. Nassib completed a pass then Hannah said to Sal, he's a Philly guy who you have been following. Sal said yes I have watched him closely for several years and I really like him.

He's just the type of QB that Tom Coughlin loves, a student of the game and very bright. One of the knocks on him going into the draft is that he had a weak arm. In all the drills I have seen him go through here at camp he has shown a strong arm.

"Ryan could be the Giant QB of the future."

Both Hannah and Antonio chimed in, good luck with that, it may be a while as Eli is one of the most durable QB's in the NFL.

This report says Ryan threw the lone interception of the day

I saw someone post that he had a pass picked off yesterday. They ended the comment with "#Bust". smh.

Weak arm? That's one thing he NEVER had.
For some reason, some writers have stated that. However, having watched him for 3 years, it's not really true. His deep accuracy has been his Achilles heel but the one thing about Ryan is he has improved every year. If he continues to improve and works out the kinks of his long throws, I can see him being a pro.

I saw someone post that he had a pass picked off yesterday. They ended the comment with "#Bust". smh.
My question to that person would be... How is a 4th round pick a bust?

Having watched both, IMHO, Nassib's arm strength is at least equal to Manning's.

All of the passes Nassib rifled at receivers' hands less than ten yards down the field are caught in the NFL. Big difference.

Everywhere on the field players are faster, stronger, bigger, have quicker feet, and more importantly, better hands.

The entire 2013 QB class became underrated to the point of absurdity by draft day last April. GM's put it in their heads about a month before the draft that no QB was worth taking...then QB's were taken rounds after they should have been.

When the weak arm was mentioned prior to the draft, I believe it was specifically in regards to deep throws. They said all along he had good zip on short and intermediate throws.