Loudmouths | Syracusefan.com

Loudmouths

Cusefan95

All Conference
Watching this SNY show when they talked about the Big East inviting Boise State, both Adam Shine and whoever else was on (not the Rutgers guy) - both expressed the opinion that the Big East should just drop football and go back to a basketball league.

When folks in the media express their opinion, do they feel any need to ground their opinion in reality? I'm always amazed that these idiots feel no shame or embarrassment at sounding even less intelligent than the drunk at the end of the neighborhood bar. What, exactly, would UConn, Rutgers, USF, etc do if the Big East threw up their hands and dropped football? Drop football?

It be one thing if the boobs saying this crap prefaced it with "I know this can't happen because the schools left need to be in a BCS conference"...but they never do. The result is sports talking heads inevitably sound like imbeciles to me.

Vent over...

Agreed, there are so many sport talk radio/TV guys now and some have shows that are for 2 or 3 hours a day and they somehow must find somthing to talk about... or say something so outlandish just to get listeners to call in. Cowherd is the biggest loudmouths out there.

What was the name of the show again?

Prime Time Schine hasn't changed since he left Syracuse. :blah:

Watching this SNY show when they talked about the Big East inviting Boise State, both Adam Shine and whoever else was on (not the Rutgers guy) - both expressed the opinion that the Big East should just drop football and go back to a basketball league.

When folks in the media express their opinion, do they feel any need to ground their opinion in reality? I'm always amazed that these idiots feel no shame or embarrassment at sounding even less intelligent than the drunk at the end of the neighborhood bar. What, exactly, would UConn, Rutgers, USF, etc do if the Big East threw up their hands and dropped football? Drop football?

It be one thing if the boobs saying this crap prefaced it with "I know this can't happen because the schools left need to be in a BCS conference"...but they never do. The result is sports talking heads inevitably sound like imbeciles to me.

Vent over...

If that was their point then what was wrong with it? It was rumored that the BE was going to do exactly that. The FB schools would join the Alliance for FB only.

Drop it and give all current members 2 years notice to find something else. If it's the ACC or B10 or even the MAC. Dont worry about the 8 team thing because they won't be a BCS conference anyways.

Vent over...
I don't see what's wrong with that. There is a distinct rift between the BB only schools and FB schools in the Big East, and there has been regardless of the teams in the conference. That isn't going to change.

If the BE dropped FB, USF would go back to CUSA, along with L'ville and Cincy, and wait it out for a better opportunity. UCONN and Rutgers would have to then decide what's in their best interest - independence, or aligning with CUSA and doing the same as L'ville, Cincy, and USF.

Everything that provided the BE football conference with BCS bid legitimacy is gone - namely Miami, VT, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, and WVU. I think some of the new adds are BCS worthy, but they don't replace what the conference lost, not by a longshot.

. Watching this SNY show when they talked about the Big East inviting Boise State, both Adam Shine and whoever else was on (not the Rutgers guy) - both expressed the opinion that the Big East should just drop football and go back to a basketball league.

Join another conference for all sports. OR move their football program to another conference. It isn't going to be anything good, but move it. Conf-USA, WAC, MWC, MAC...whoever will take them.

What its ok For Boise to move their football program but UCONN, USF, Cincy, and Rutgers are too good to do it? Please! The Big East TODAY without SU, Pitt, WV is a 2nd rate conference, and the schools left need to deal with it. Especially the football playing members.

If the BE dropped FB...

Syracuse, WVU, Pitt...and any other football playing member would be free to go tomorrow without paying an exit fee. So there's 15 million (plus) reasons why the basketball schools wouldn't do this. If the football schools wanted to dissolve the football side I'm sure Seton Hall and Providence wouldn't mind...provided that everyone drops off their $5MM check off in Rhode Island on their way out the door.

So why would UConn, Rutgers, and the rest of the gang cut a $5MM dollar check each so they can go play football in the MAC or Mountain West?

Syracuse, WVU, Pitt...and any other football playing member would be free to go tomorrow without paying an exit fee. So there's 15 million (plus) reasons why the basketball schools wouldn't do this. If the football schools wanted to dissolve the football side I'm sure Seton Hall and Providence wouldn't mind...provided that everyone drops off their $5MM check off in Rhode Island on their way out the door.

So why would UConn, Rutgers, and the rest of the gang cut a $5MM dollar check each so they can go play football in the MAC or Mountain West?

...and Rutgirls, UConn, and all of the remaining footballs schools are going to scratch and claw to keep the BE BCS status by inviting any legit football team they can find, no matter how west it is. ...then they will fight and claw to get into the ACC or Big10 or Big 12. We would do the same.

What, exactly, would UConn, Rutgers, USF, etc do if the Big East threw up their hands and dropped football?

Join the CUSA/MWC coalition.

The BE is kidding itself if it thinks it's doing anything other than watering itself down even further.

Vent over...

Media? Edward R Murrow that ain't.

There is more airtime than competence to fill it.

Nothing Adam Schein says is particularly astute or informed.

It is amazing that he has had even modest success.

Adam Schein lived on my floor in Watson. He was an insufferable douche and a giant nerd with an ego unfitting of his loser lifestyle. We once got into a floor war with his suite in which they wrote some nasty things on our wipe board on our door, and we shaving creamed nasty words on their door, lit their nametags on fire, and leaned 2 Old English bottles full of piss against their door at 3AM while knocking loudly screaming "HOUSEKEEPING." We won. True story.

Adam Schein lived on my floor in Watson. He was an insufferable douche and a giant nerd with an ego unfitting of his loser lifestyle. We once got into a floor war with his suite in which they wrote some nasty things on our wipe board on our door, and we shaving creamed nasty words on their door, lit their nametags on fire, and leaned 2 Old English bottles full of piss against their door at 3AM while knocking loudly screaming "HOUSEKEEPING." We won. True story.

Whenever I hear stories like this I am mentally transported to being in college again and doing similar things and finding it utterly hilarious.

Whenever I hear stories like this I am mentally transported to being in college again and doing similar things and finding it utterly hilarious.
My favorite was the leaner - the trash can full of water and whatever else you could find at 4am. Always woken up at 7 or 8 am by a big WHOOSH!

Why stop playing football if it brings you extra money? The big east has an aq in hand and it would be foolish for them not to play that card.