Louie Orr Out At BG | Syracusefan.com

Louie Orr Out At BG

He'd be a great person to bring into the AD at cuse... Kind of like Assistant AD for basketball performance. Heck we have a million assistant ad's, whats one more? :)

Orr had one season at BG with an overall winning record. I think he's done as a HC for at least a little while.

Orr had one season at BG with an overall winning record. I think he's done as a HC for at least a little while.

Agreed. Nothing against him, but his record does not make me say, "This guy needs another head coaching gig, pronto."

Ok, but it doesn't have to come from Orr. Didn't SU's recruiting improve when he left?

Yeah I was going to say this. He fits the bill for those who want a big man to coach the big men. But I would worry about the impact to recruiting because my recollection is it did take a step up when he left.

Yeah I was going to say this. He fits the bill for those who want a big man to coach the big men. But I would worry about the impact to recruiting because my recollection is it did take a step up when he left.

I've got to think that when Hop takes the reins, he's got a better recruiter in mind than Louie Orr.

What a shame. Louis is a great guy who will always represent his school well. I think he would be a great hire for an Ivy League school...

Great call.

It's too bad. He got screwed by Seton Hall because he only took them to the Sweet 16 and they thought they were a better program. I'm glad they've sucked pond water since he left.

He did about as well as any coach Bowling Green has had. I don't think Coach K could get them into the Tournament. Orr deserves another shot somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling_Green_Falcons_men's_basketball

LOL. I just read a thread on BGSU's forum. Apparently Orr is deeply religious and chalks everything up to the will of God. Maybe he doesn't deserve another shot at coaching.

Last edited:
I think his son junior Chauncey, their leading returning starter was injured in the first game this season and sat out because of a knee injury. He will have 2 years remaining - wonder where he will go now?

Marsh01 said:
damn that sucks

Not if you ask any Siena fan. He hightailed it out of Loudonville without even saying goodbye to his players.

sutomcat said:
What a shame. Louis is a great guy who will always represent his school well. I think he would be a great hire for an Ivy League school...
He should go to some NAIA holy roller school.

He did about as well as any coach Bowling Green has had. I don't think Coach K could get them into the Tournament. Orr deserves another shot somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling_Green_Falcons_men's_basketball

LOL. I just read a thread on BGSU's forum. Apparently Orr is deeply religious and chalks everything up to the will of God. Maybe he doesn't deserve another shot at coaching.

I wouldn't say that he doesn't deserve another shot at coaching, but Louis is (vocally) very religious. So religious, in fact, that the decision-makers at Seton Hall were reportedly uncomfortable with his language.

It's because of this that I think the Ivies wouldn't be a good fit. Putting on a show about religion is still a bigger deal in college hoops than some realize (just because there's no end zone in which to pray doesn't mean it's not there), but Louis is at a kind of extreme end of the spectrum.

I hope he gets a shot someplace, though. Louis is really a terrific person. I went to high school with his step-daughter; my parents knew him for years. There's no more gentlemanly coach in the college ranks.

gotta love louie orr for striking out on his own and not simply nesting like hopkins.

Last edited:
gotta love louie orr for striking out on his own and not simply nesting like hopkins.

I'd rather nest and get the SU job then leave for the Siena job.

some men were born to lead...

louie now has 14 years HC experience. he'll land another gig .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom