Louis Orr coached team? | Syracusefan.com

Louis Orr coached team?

jam_13090

Walk On
Got to thinking after today's game when was the last time SU has played a Louis Orr coached team. Had to be Seton Hall way back but have to wonder out loud why Orr hasn't brought his Bowling Green team into the Dome. I have to believe he and Jim are still speaking to each other! Just seems funny when we seem to play all other ex Orange grads or those previously associated with SU's basketball team.

Anyone got a theory or answer??

We never played B.U. when Rick Pitino was there. We never played Rhode Island when Brendon malone was there. We never played Fairfield when Tin O'Toole was there. The kid that coached at albany. JB doesn't usually like that.

Got to thinking after today's game when was the last time SU has played a Louis Orr coached team. Had to be Seton Hall way back but have to wonder out loud why Orr hasn't brought his Bowling Green team into the Dome. I have to believe he and Jim are still speaking to each other! Just seems funny when we seem to play all other ex Orange grads or those previously associated with SU's basketball team.

Anyone got a theory or answer??

Well, we played Stephen Thompson's teams in several exhibition games, but they were DII and the losses didn't count / "hurt" them. It also gave Stevie something that he could sell on the recruiting trail--a trip to play in the Carrier Dome.

Other than Rob Murphy, I can't think of any programs coached by former SU affiliated coaches that we've played. I'm sure there might be some over the years, but I honestly can't recall any.

Well, we played Stephen Thompson's teams in several exhibition games, but they were DII and the losses didn't count / "hurt" them. It also gave Stevie something that he could sell on the recruiting trail--a trip to play in the Carrier Dome.

Other than Rob Murphy, I can't think of any programs coached by former SU affiliated coaches that we've played. I'm sure there might be some over the years, but I honestly can't recall any.
other then when we had to play them i.e. pitino and orr when they were in the same league.

We've never faced Siena with Orr at the helm? I guess not.

other then when we had to play them i.e. pitino and orr when they were in the same league.

Right--didn't mean conference foes. I meant ones we scheduled.

Pretty sure we played Tim Welsh when he coached Providence

JB will usually play former coaches when they ask to play SU. He prefers not coaching against friends--he's said this many times in the past. But, when it serves the other team well (helps with recruiting, a pay day, etc.), he will usually acquiesce.

I don't recall us playing anyone from the Mid -American Conference in a long time, not even Buffalo. Bowling Green haven't made it to the NCAAs in 40+ years, so chance of meeting them there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom