Louisville as a rival... | Syracusefan.com

Louisville as a rival...

Orange Eagles

Walk On
I've come to the conclusion that Louisville may be our biggest rival (which, I know, isn't saying much). We've all discussed how Pitt and BC aren't truly huge rivals and Georgetown and St. John's are only basketball rivals. Though we've only played them annually since 2004, we've had some good contests.

We all know they've man handled us the past few years on the hardwood. In football, we had the big win over them this season and the big win in 2007 that proved they weren't legitimate and knocked them into a downward spiral.

Considering that we will continue to share a league with them, I suppose it is a good thing that we will have a team to play that can hopefully continue to challenge us and provide some enjoyable games. They'll be in our division in football, so we'll still play them annually and basketball we'll play once a year, as well.

Possible. However, Syracuse as a school and us as a fan base do not naturally hate anyone, except Penn State. We are seriously annoyed by UConn novices and Rutgers weenies who deny any Rutgers football history prior to 2006, while demanding respect for being one team in the first college football game. Louisville likes thier historical rivals, Cincy and Memphis, which makes me thing they will be like BC and Pitt.

NCState has the fan base most likely to rile us up, they annoy everyone. After that, I think Clemson is most likely as they hate anything north of their school.

It will be fun to watch and see who develops a hatred for us and if we really develop a hatred for any of the ACC teams.

To have a true rivalry, some type of useless object needs to be transferred to the winner.

I don't consider them a rival because I can't root for them to lose every game.

I enjoy when they beat Kentucky, UConn, etc.

I've come to the conclusion that Louisville may be our biggest rival (which, I know, isn't saying much). We've all discussed how Pitt and BC aren't truly huge rivals and Georgetown and St. John's are only basketball rivals. Though we've only played them annually since 2004, we've had some good contests.

We all know they've man handled us the past few years on the hardwood. In football, we had the big win over them this season and the big win in 2007 that proved they weren't legitimate and knocked them into a downward spiral.

Considering that we will continue to share a league with them, I suppose it is a good thing that we will have a team to play that can hopefully continue to challenge us and provide some enjoyable games. They'll be in our division in football, so we'll still play them annually and basketball we'll play once a year, as well.

We haven't played LVille enough for me to consider them a rivalry game. Pitt and BC are at this point far ahead of LVille I that regard.

I have little doubt Clemson will.be a big rival similR to WVA tooth count and all.

It's a budding rivalry.

As a fan I look forward to matching up with them a lot more than most other teams.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom