louisville board is pretty funny | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

louisville board is pretty funny

MCW almost always walks the ball up the court, rather than run it. I know this is deliberate, but I don't understand why. The defense gets a chance to set up and then we just pass it around. Can someone educate me about this strategy?

By the way, how the heck is this only the second time Louisville has been ranked #1??
because they are the redheaded step child of their state... which makes them 8th classed citizens... because lets face it... only thing the state of Kentucky offers this nation is thoroughbreds... and I friggin love glue!

Louisville's message boards are celebrating having another crackerjack team. Losing Kuric and Smith meant replacing them with an All American - Russ - and Wayne Blackshear who is a marvelous athlete not quite broken out yet. I read here last season and you guys, as the previous poster mentioned, were equal parts giddy and full of yourselves as well and - to be honest - I envied you. Looking for "responsible behavior" on message boards is a task loaded with inbuilt futility, lol. Hey - it's all good in an imperfect world. Last season, you were miles better than us until you lost Fab. That sucked, frankly, even for me.

Siva is playing the best basketball of his career. The dramatic change in the halves during the UConn game was a simple testament to this.

I think we take this one, but the season-ender at your place I have trepidation about. I will also say this is the best Louisville team I have seen since 1983, barring some bizarre meltdown. Their cohesiveness alone on defense is another entire realm of communicating players, great switches and all-out effort. Add that we are not the offensive abomination we could be last season and you have a pretty dam good ballclub.

Funny thing is Louisville has played one good team in Duke and lost, played a similar schedule to Syracuse at this point , yet its the best Louisville team ever. Samford and college of Charleston are super tough lol

I look at Louisville this year and us this year and see a bit of a role reversal. We are good but have looked not so good at times. Louisville is on top of the c-hoops world and looks really good right now with a dominant squad. Last year SU's defense was dominant and we had great guardplay. We lost Fab in the tourney which hurt - but the reality is we had a tough bracket no matter what- so there were no guarantees regardless. Louisville had a nice run in the tourney via a bracket that blew up. Its funny how these things work and how the role could reverse this year. The enigma that is the NCAA tourney is forever ruining predictions. Should be a goone one next Monday. Hoping its a war so that Cuse has a shot to win it at the end. Should be fun.

Louisville's message boards are celebrating having another crackerjack team. Losing Kuric and Smith meant replacing them with an All American - Russ - and Wayne Blackshear who is a marvelous athlete not quite broken out yet. I read here last season and you guys, as the previous poster mentioned, were equal parts giddy and full of yourselves as well and - to be honest - I envied you. Looking for "responsible behavior" on message boards is a task loaded with inbuilt futility, lol. Hey - it's all good in an imperfect world. Last season, you were miles better than us until you lost Fab. That sucked, frankly, even for me.

Siva is playing the best basketball of his career. The dramatic change in the halves during the UConn game was a simple testament to this.

I think we take this one, but the season-ender at your place I have trepidation about. I will also say this is the best Louisville team I have seen since 1983, barring some bizarre meltdown. Their cohesiveness alone on defense is another entire realm of communicating players, great switches and all-out effort. Add that we are not the offensive abomination we could be last season and you have a pretty dam good ballclub.
I know your excited about your team and rightfully so, I just don't see how this team is so great.

Mizzou is a pretty good team also.

I'd be excited if i were a Lville fan; not sure I'd say anything like best team in 30 years yet, but their defense is head and shoulders better than anyone else in the country. Their adjusted defensive efficiency is 79.8; Florida is second in the country (barely ahead of us) at 83.2. That's a massive gap; it's about the difference between #2 and #15 in the country. And they have a top 15-20 offense as well now. Plenty of reasons to be excited. Winning at their place will be an incredible feat if we pull it off.

And Alabama and temple are ok teams too and sd state is top 25 still. Just saying schedule for either us or them or most anyone right now makes it still too early to determine who had a better team now

And Alabama and temple are ok teams too and sd state is top 25 still. Just saying schedule for either us or them or most anyone right now makes it still too early to determine who had a better team now

No, it's pretty easy to decide one team is better than another without getting into who has played whom. Louisville's a darn good team.

No, it's pretty easy to decide one team is better than another without getting into who has played whom. Louisville's a darn good team.

I just listen to JB who said Louisville is the best team in the country and has been for a while.

I just listen to JB who said Louisville is the best team in the country and has been for a while.

On one hand, Boeheim knows as much basketball as anyone (and probably watches as much as I do). On the other, there's not enough paper in the world to fill a list of things, teams, game, or players he's called "the best" (pretty sure he said that about Duke in the past ten days, too). And that goes double for teams that we're going to play against in three days.

Come Saturday evening, odds are good that he'll be spinning Cincinnati as the best at something, too.

On one hand, Boeheim knows as much basketball as anyone (and probably watches as much as I do). On the other, there's not enough paper in the world to fill a list of things, teams, game, or players he's called "the best" (pretty sure he said that about Duke in the past ten days, too). And that goes double for teams that we're going to play against in three days.

Come Saturday evening, odds are good that he'll be spinning Cincinnati as the best at something, too.
Jimmy really likes to pump up the opponent .....and Duke.

Jimmy really likes to pump up the opponent .....and Duke.

Absolutely.

And, when he thinks our guys need a pick-me-up, our team ( I liked how Saturday's performance was something like "the grittiest" he's even been a part of).

man are they cocky lol

we are freakin awesome...we're gonna spank syracuse...best louisville team pitino has had...our depth is staggering...if syracuse watches the 2nd half of this game they will be afraid to come out of the locker room...lets beat every team by 30+ points

wish our guys would read their board right now

You have to put your fan filter on when reading these remarks. First off, filter out that segment of the fans who are particularly obnoxious and ill-informed (that exist on most sports boards). Then filter what the others are really saying...

Let me interpret: "My god, we actually beat UConn pretty soundly!? We went on the road in the BE and faced a UConn team that had everything to win and nothing to lose and we pulled ahead in the second half as if we are really are the #1 team in the country! Are we really that good?! I think we can beat the Orange this year!"

I think both teams will have a pretty good indication of where they stand at this point after Saturday. I'm sorry Southerland may not play. His play would tell us even more. My take on the game is that we are teetering on the edge. We are either going to fly, or you guys are going to watch us come back to earth. Enjoy the game. It will be fun and good basketball however it goes.

man are they cocky lol

we are freakin awesome...we're gonna spank syracuse...best louisville team pitino has had...our depth is staggering...if syracuse watches the 2nd half of this game they will be afraid to come out of the locker room...lets beat every team by 30+ points

wish our guys would read their board right now
No Louisville opponent is out of any game as long as Siva is suiting up for them.

I thnk not. Trying to split their zone is tough and their defenders have quick hands.
We have the backcourt covered obviously but where we match up poorly I feel is vs. Deng and Behanan. I see this being a bad game for us on the Defensive Boards.

Didn't Fair have a good game last year vs. them and make a living off that foul line jumper?

But I agree with everyone else, just compete on the boards and limit the TO's and we will be fine.

Obviously we want to win, but as long as we don't get run out of the stadium we should be fine.