Louisville Choked | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Choked

81South

2017 Iggy Winner, Back to Back Iggy Winner
Stunning loss at home vs UVA

Another under a second win in the ACC. Va pulls it out with a bank 3 byHunter with .9 seconds to go.

L'ville chokes it away in the final second; what a crazy set of events.

Virginia, down 4, shoots desperation 3 with .9 sec left but is fouled.
Virginia hits 2 FT's and misses 3rd on purpose but gets charged with a lane violation.
L'ville ball under Virginia basket, still .9 sec left. Player runs the baseline and isn't allowed, turnover.
Virginia shoots deperation 3 at the buzzer and banks it in.

Wow. Gotta say it was fun watching the Louisville crowd collectively want to kill themselves.

That was the ultimate meltdown with 2 of the dumbest plays I've ever seen at the end. The stunning lack of bball IQ or complete brain farts are not something you see very often. What were they doing?!?!?

That was the ultimate meltdown with 2 of the dumbest plays I've ever seen at the end. The stunning lack of bball IQ or complete brain farts are not something you see very often. What were they doing?!?!?

So crazy...I’m heading over to their board to watch the meltdown!

Padgett just sealed his fate. What awful coaching. That kid should've been instructed, no mandated, to stand there and chuck it down the court. I've never seen a team blow it like that.

Plus fouling that kid on the 3 point attempt up 4...They did everything possible to lose that game.

If you're Louisville, you're heartbroken. A 91% FT shooter goes 2-4 in the last 35 seconds and then you have those 2 really really bad plays with a second left.

Wow.

what's the expected win percentage up 4 with 1 second left? The only way you can lose in that situation is someone fouling the shooter. i could have been out there playing 1 on 5 and Louisville would be headed home winners.

So, basically, Louisville basketball was told multiple times, emphatically, that they couldn't do something because it was against the rules & yet they chose to do it anyway & got caught.
I cant like this post enough. It shows that Pitino's hands are still all over this program.

Bad coaching. Tell the kid he cannot run the baseline, then tell him to throw it 90 feet away. They had no clue at the end.

We were told to ask the ref if we could run the baseline every time we in-bounded the ball under the basket.

Wow. I'm now convinced Virginia loses before the sweet 16.

Bad coaching. Tell the kid he cannot run the baseline, then tell him to throw it 90 feet away. They had no clue at the end.
I am no Padgett fan but I have his back in this game - he put his best FT shooter in the game and designed stuff that got him the ball twice and the kid goes 1-2 both times. No way he didn't tell Deng - an experienced player - that he couldn't move and in the replay you can see the ref instruct him as well, and he and the coach were clearly talking about the lob throw, and it wasn't the two guards who got the shot but probably the last guy UVA wanted to shoot it. Tough loss and they blew it but not sure the coach could do much else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom