Louisville fires David Padgett / hires Chris Mack | Syracusefan.com

Louisville fires David Padgett / hires Chris Mack

Knew that was coming after they lost to Virginia.

I watched some of the Louisville-Mississippi State game (NIT). It looked to me like Louisville really didn't care to give much effort and they wanted the season to be over.

Happy to express ZERO sympathy for Louisville, their cheating network of alums, and their arrogant fanbase, and they're even more arrogant / crooked AD.

I understand Mack doing his due diligence to see if UofL will open the vault for him. But I always felt coaches would look at L'ville as radioactive. I guess someone would coach at Chernobyl if the job paid enough

He got $800k for it. Lessens the sting a bit.

I've got a slightly different feeling about this one. He sees the writing on the wall for what's coming for that program. AD says, 'hey, let's talk about your contract for next year.' And Padgett replies sure, but I'm going to be asking for a $30 million signing bonus. And 4 million a year...

I watched some of the Louisville-Mississippi State game (NIT). It looked to me like Louisville really didn't care to give much effort and they wanted the season to be over.

Wasn't there talk of them wanting to skip the NIT, Im sure the season couldn't get over fast enough for their players and fan base.

Wasn't there talk of them wanting to skip the NIT, Im sure the season couldn't get over fast enough for their players and fan base.
The announcers on their NIT game the other night said the players had voted to skip the NIT but the AD stepped in and told them the paperwork had already been signed and if they skip the NIT it would go down as a forfeit. Asked them if they really wanted a forfeit on their record along with everything else.

Smell you later Cards. Will be a pleasure beating you again next year

Haven't been disciplined for the FBI stuff. The NCAA investigation is ongoing and should be wrapped up in 2028 or so.

At which point the NCAA will determine that hookers and bribes are not in their wheelhouse, and it will be back to business as usual at Llvll.