Louisville fires David Padgett / hires Chris Mack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville fires David Padgett / hires Chris Mack

Haven't been disciplined for the FBI stuff. The NCAA investigation is ongoing and should be wrapped up in 2028 or so.
actually I can see the cartel saying, "well ok since you canned slick rick you're good to go"

I watched some of the Louisville-Mississippi State game (NIT). It looked to me like Louisville really didn't care to give much effort and they wanted the season to be over.

Is there some reason there's still a post season NIT? I think they should put that out of it's misery and concentrate on making the pre-season NIT the biggest, best early season tournament. I would propose inviting the top 16 catholic schools from the previous year with all the games in MSG.

Last edited:
Is there some reason there's still a post season NIT? I think they should put that out of it's misery and concentrate on making the pre-season NIT the biggest, best early season tournament. I would propose inviting the top 16 catholic schools form the previous year with all the games in MSG.

I think the NIT is still a nice prize for those Power 5 programs that don't traditionally have the success that we do but are building, for the mid-majors and also those teams who won their regular season but not the conference tourney. But for programs like ours, yes it seems like a waste of time to many.

Louisville had to make Mack a top 5 paid HC in the country and his contract length is going to be insane.

Welcome to the ACC Chris.

It's definitely BS that Lville can have the violations they do, and just go right ahead and sign the hottest coach in the country.

It's definitely BS that Lville can have the violations they do, and just go right ahead and sign the hottest coach in the country.

Their bball revenues are so far above every other school in the country that they can do anything they want.

When will ncaa get around to giving them their deserved sanctions from the fbi thing? 2046 sounds plausible

Happy to express ZERO sympathy for Louisville, their cheating network of alums, and their arrogant fanbase, and they're even more arrogant / crooked AD.
I still find it hard to believe how much of that Addidas contract (39 million) UL's AD allowed to flow into Pitino's pockets. Absolutely rapacious. Does UL have a BOT that meets regularly?
Rick Pitino got 98% of Louisville’s money from Adidas

I still find it hard to believe how much of that Addidas contract (39 million) UL's AD allowed to flow into Pitino's pockets. Absolutely rapacious. Does UL have a BOT that meets regularly?
Rick Pitino got 98% of Louisville’s money from Adidas
Hard to see how Adidas gets a return on that money paid to a coach unless the coach funnels star players to sign future endorsement contracts with the company in a quid pro quo. The whole thing stinks. That's what the NCAA should focus on cleaning up and not the penny ante stuff like buying a recruit a meal or players getting bus money to get to an internship job.

I like Chris Mack but despise Louisville, with that being said this was an offer he couldn't refuse, this is probably the best hire they could have made

I watched some of the Louisville-Mississippi State game (NIT). It looked to me like Louisville really didn't care to give much effort and they wanted the season to be over.

Take the hookers away and they've lost all motivation.

No more Pitino strutting the touchline in his colnel sanders uniform.

That suit was iconic. Almost as good as HuugieBear's one-time use pimp suit at WV.

Will Mack end the dark days in the villle??

At which point the NCAA will determine that hookers and bribes are not in their wheelhouse, and it will be back to business as usual at Llvll.
I really like their new AD and he's not going to put up with the crap of the past, nor will their new HC hire. I like both.

Back to business as usual. Nice try.