Louisville is now must-win game | Syracusefan.com

Louisville is now must-win game

Caboose

Scout Team
I don't think there is any disagreement on this. I said if we lose tonight we're not getting in the tourney. We can somewhat change that by winning against Louisville but man these blowouts are getting old. I'm pretty much not seeing anything good coming from this bunch. It's just not our year.

Biggest game of the year if they can't get this one things might start to spiral out of control. Lets hope a week off can correct some things.

Always was looking at the schedule and what followed it. Teams tired mentally id hope we give them some time off next week and this weekend.

Let's assume we can beat Wake. (and of course that could be called out)

Then probably we only need to win 1 of the other 5 games. So nothing is "must win" ... yet. We can recover from any loss, by winning only one of the next games (plus Wake), but obviously odds go down after every game.

The one we must win is Wake Forest. Then it is nice to win at Clemson. It is even better to upset one of the ACC supreme. Two wins take us to the bubble zone. Three wins we are safe.

Let's assume we can beat Wake. (and of course that could be called out)

Then probably we only need to win 1 of the other 5 games. So nothing is "must win" ... yet. We can recover from any loss, by winning only one of the next games (plus Wake), but obviously odds go down after every game.
I'm saying Lville is must win because we're not beating UNC, UVA, Duke and we need to get to 11-7. That means we need to beat Lville, Wake, Clemson. It's must win.

I'm saying Lville is must win because we're not beating UNC, UVA, Duke and we need to get to 11-7. That means we need to beat Lville, Wake, Clemson. It's must win.

We probably don't need to get to 11-7.

It's disappointing that we have to hope to get to the more likely than not line of 10-8 rather than the safe line of 11-7, but that is where we are..

we're not beating UNC, UVA, Duke
Hopefully a little math will help assuage your fears a bit. Even if you say we only have a 10% chance to win any of those three (which is ludicrous in itself. LUDA!), that means there is 73% chance we lose all three. That is not even in the same universe as "no chance"

In reality, based on my projected moneylines on those three, its closer to 57% that we lose all three. So, you say, "no chance". Statistics say closer to a coin flip that we win one of those 3. feel better?

Hopefully a little math will help assuage your fears a bit. Even if you say we only have a 10% chance to win any of those three (which is ludicrous in itself. LUDA!), that means there is 73% chance we lose all three. That is not even in the same universe as "no chance"

In reality, based on my projected moneylines on those three, its closer to 57% that we lose all three. So, you say, "no chance". Statistics say closer to a coin flip that we win one of those 3. feel better?
I hope you're right. I tend to think we can pull one off but I doubt it.

I don't think there is any disagreement on this. I said if we lose tonight we're not getting in the tourney. We can somewhat change that by winning against Louisville but man these blowouts are getting old. I'm pretty much not seeing anything good coming from this bunch. It's just not our year.
No, no it’s not a “must-win”.
What’s the rush?

I think "must win" is one of the most overused terms on this board.

On the other hand, I've watched Louisville a few times this year and I don't see this game as a win.

Battle does not like Cardinals

Maybe if we press them from the tip, we can rattle them... if it's half court sets, the 'Ville passes the ball VERY well. They have good sharp shooters, and some meat in the middle. If we are going through the motions, and hoping they miss, instead of being active in the zone, it will be a looooooong night.

The frustration comes from the fact that we all thought this team would beat either FSU or NC State, and instead we got blown out by both. Though with FSU, we started game so poorly, then made a valiant comeback before running out of gas mentally and physically. And going back to before Va Tech, I hoped we could at least split the games with Tech, FSU, NC State and Louisville. Now we’ve already lost the first 3 of those. So Louisville is a bit of a must-win. And there’s always a chance we could knock off one of Duke UVA or UNC. We’ll see how we play next week.

Exactly right Sherm. None of those teams are exactly juggernauts... and to not be competitive in any of 'em, essentially, is maddening. This team has the talent to win against those teams, it's the focus, intensity, hustle, and sometimes scheme, that's missing far too often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom