Louisville is Really Sick: Maybe not go Big 12 and stick with BE | Syracusefan.com

Louisville is Really Sick: Maybe not go Big 12 and stick with BE

arbitragegls

All Conference
Andy Katz's most recent article for ESPN discusses latest for Big 12 and expansion...Louisville is one of the candidates but article says Louisville wants to keep the BE together...together for what and with whom...yikes, get out of there Louisville before its too late.

"Regarding possible expansion of the Big 12 -- with or without Missouri -- Neinas said there was still no telling how many schools might be added. The presidents of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have said they are most comfortable if the league gets back to 12 members, while Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds advocated 10. Neinas said there was even some sentiment for staying at nine.
BYU, TCU and Louisville have all been mentioned as possibilities to join the Big 12. But Louisville, a source told ESPN.com, is interested in keeping Big East together with service academies to fill void left by Pitt and Syracuse, who are heading to the ACC

I would imagine that Louisville would like to keep their east coast ties at all costs. Football is important to them, but they are a bball school. Being in a midwestern conference will not be good for their rbball ecruiting.

I would imagine that Louisville would like to keep their east coast ties at all costs. Football is important to them, but they are a bball school. Being in a midwestern conference will not be good for their rbball ecruiting.

I agree. It sounds like Pitino isn't willing to give up NYC either. He may not have a choice in the end. This could also be smoke for the media because Louisville doesn't want to gum up any negotiations that Marinatto is trying to work to save the conference. They still have to play both sides because the expansion circus is in intermission. If that all changed tomorrow, you better believe that Louisville will set sail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom