Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations

It’s the NCAA. Nothing will happen. They will delay it so long the NCAA will dissolve before any sanctions will occur.

Totally shocking that Louisville is dirty still
Let’s be honest though. It’s not one bit surprising that Chris Mack turns out to be a total creep and a cheater who tries to circumvent NCAA rules, ignores Covid protocols, pull players scholarships or throw his assistants under the bus to save his own a$$.

Let’s be honest though. It’s not one bit surprising that Chris Mack turns out to be a total creep and a cheater who tries to circumvent NCAA rules, ignores Covid protocols, pull players scholarships or throw his assistants under the bus to save his own a$$.
So a Louisville assistant - who admitted to blackmailing his employer, gets canned after employer secretly records their conversation, submits a letter of support from a UK coach saying he wouldn't cheat because he is a religious man? What next LSU's coach sending support due to Dino's interest in politics? Dino did the crime - Louisville's shade is a separate issue that will be ignored.

• Two years of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine.
  • A reduction in men's basketball official visits for the 2021-22 academic year by five.
  • A suspension of unofficial visits during the first three Southeastern Conference men's basketball games during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A reduction in men's basketball recruiting days by 5% (7 days out of 130) during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A two-game suspension (during the regular season) for the head coach at Texas A&M or any school that employs him.
  • A suspension of the assistant coach, self-imposed by the university, June 2020 through the end of the 2020-21 basketball season. During that suspension, the program operated with one fewer assistant coach than allowed under NCAA rules.

• A $5,000 fine.
  • A reduction in men's basketball official visits for the 2021-22 academic year by five.
  • A suspension of unofficial visits during the first three Southeastern Conference men's basketball games during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A reduction in men's basketball recruiting days by 5% (7 days out of 130) during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A two-game suspension (during the regular season) for the head coach at Texas A&M or any school that employs him.
  • A suspension of the assistant coach, self-imposed by the university, June 2020 through the end of the 2020-21 basketball season. During that suspension, the program operated with one fewer assistant coach than allowed under NCAA rules.

I was hoping they dated back to 2006...

This is like twilight zone stuff. NCAA says they need to take a lesser role.. conferences start talking mega conference building and alliances and then all the sudden the NCAA starts back up on it's penalties and investigations. I mean I think they just needed something to do. There is no longer any sort of Mendoza line to follow anymore. It zig zags depending on the mood of the NCAA.

1630084064646.png

So, just to be clear, Louisville fired one cheating head coach / rogue assistant coach who got jailed and replaced them with another cheating head coach / rogue assistant coach who's about to be jailed?
This sounds like a "Hey, look NCAA, we are taking care of our own problems, don't keep looking at our program."

Does anyone know exactly what Mack did to get such a big suspension?

The articles I have read did not say. Example...

Not really clear.

I think some of it might be the build-up effect of them having multiple iterations of getting busted cheating -- so THIS penalty might not only just be about the current infractions, but rather harsher due to the continued malfeasance.

They're like the kid who doesn't learn their lesson and continues to get in trouble despite being repeatedly punished. They got caught doing a bunch of violations a few years ago, got put on probation by the NCAA, then they continued to cheat and got implicated in the Adidas probe while already on probation. While they were still being scrutinized for that, the AC got caught on tape AGAIN arranging a payment to a recruit who eventually committed there [but then subsequently departed]. Pitino gets fired, the AC faces a federal prosecution, they clean house and bring in a new staff... but CONTINUE to cheat.

Talk about lack of institutional control.

Last edited:

• A $5,000 fine.
Texas A&M is cheating? Lol

Assuming Mack was suspended then for directly ignoring an instruction from Tyra and of course openly breaking a series of NCAA rules while on NCAA probation.

I would think any other ACC school would have fired Mack. Very risky for UL to again not take open violations of NCAA rules seriously.

It will be interesting to see how hard the NCAA comes down on this program. How many times can a program violate NCAA rules without getting severely punished?

Assuming Mack was suspended then for directly ignoring an instruction from Tyra and of course openly breaking a series of NCAA rules while on NCAA probation.

I would think any other ACC school would have fired Mack. Very risky for UL to again not take open violations of NCAA rules seriously.

It will be interesting to see how hard the NCAA comes down on this program. How many times can a program violate NCAA rules without getting severely punished?
I understand your thoughts here. To my knowledge which isn’t saying much, Mack has seemed much cleaner than previously and I like him. Tyra and esp the school president are tired of this crap, and they realize the gravity of everything the last several years. I assume they continue to try to correct things and are sending a clear message. If it was serious enough, I would think he would be canned. I have no inside info on any of this.

As people, we pass judgement and make assumptions all the time about things based on limited info from afar, so it’s easy to say what should be done without fully understanding what actually is happening. This statement is in no way in defense of any of them, just a good philosophical statement to remember.

So, just to be clear, Louisville fired one cheating head coach / rogue assistant coach who got jailed and replaced them with another cheating head coach / rogue assistant coach who's about to be jailed?

Yes but there were slightly fewer hookers involved this time, so they should be congratulated.

Does anyone know exactly what Mack did to get such a big suspension?

The articles I have read did not say. Example...

Not really clear.

I think some of it might be the build-up effect of them having multiple iterations of getting busted cheating -- so THIS penalty might not only just be about the current infractions, but rather harsher due to the continued malfeasance.

They're like the kid who doesn't learn their lesson and continues to get in trouble despite being repeatedly punished. They got caught doing a bunch of violations a few years ago, got put on probation by the NCAA, then they continued to cheat and got implicated in the Adidas probe while already on probation. While they were still being scrutinized for that, the AC got caught on tape AGAIN arranging a payment to a recruit who eventually committed there [but then subsequently departed]. Pitino gets fired, the AC faces a federal prosecution, they clean house and bring in a new staff... but CONTINUE to cheat.

Talk about lack of institutional control.
The Forde Tweets imply it's "what he didn't do." He apparently didn't follow University guidelines in regard to the whole Gaudio dust-up in regard to reporting it to the Department, etc.

I understand your thoughts here. To my knowledge which isn’t saying much, Mack has seemed much cleaner than previously and I like him. Tyra and esp the school president are tired of this crap, and they realize the gravity of everything the last several years. I assume they continue to try to correct things and are sending a clear message. If it was serious enough, I would think he would be canned. I have no inside info on any of this.

As people, we pass judgement and make assumptions all the time about things based on limited info from afar, so it’s easy to say what should be done without fully understanding what actually is happening. This statement is in no way in defense of any of them, just a good philosophical statement to remember.
Fair enough.
But what shouldn't have happened was any hint of scandal following the multiple Slick Rick/Adidas/AC recording/ etc. Era they just went through. This is why folks criticize the NCAA. At what point do you say, enough! Say what you will about PayPalCal and UK, but he at least he learned not to get caught after his earlier cheating issues. Louisville just keeps stepping in it, year after year.

This whole thing is so bizarro world compared to the extent the “NCAA” hammered Coach Boeheim and the program

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom