Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations

What impact politically does the current compensation for likeness play here? I think it certainly has to help these programs be it dirty or not you now have support for third party compensation on the table and ready to launch in 21-22. Again these are not the same thing but still have to wonder how they handle this. I wouldn't be surprised if the penalties are weak and make what JB got look far worse. In that case again would love the university to sue the crap out of the NCAA to get those wins back.

There are a lot of people operating under the misconception that the NCAA has already penalized Louisville for the more serious alleged infractions associated with the Adidas / $$$ scandal, since they fired Pitino and nothing else happened in the interim.

This is only the first step of what will likely be significant sanctions. They are going to get HAMMERED for being dirty as hell while already under probation.

BTW, their university president is smart for preemptively throwing down the gloves, and challenging the NCAA. I wish that SU fought back a lot harder instead of being so cooperative with that kangaroo court.
SU wrote the final chapter on the play nice and take your punishment book. Now it's fight back... aggressively.

1588624810527.png

oh boy
This is all from the Pitino and FBI investigation. The problem is that they fired Pitino and cleaned house, so the ncaa will probably just give them a slap on the wrist. Ugh.

This is all from the Pitino and FBI investigation. The problem is that they fired Pitino and cleaned house, so the ncaa will probably just give them a slap on the wrist. Ugh.
I agree with this. There is no doubt in my mind, the NCAA wanted us to cut bait with Boeheim 4-5 years ago. We did not, and they hammered us.

Well, I guess if there no sports, at least I can enjoy reading posts from fans of these programs on college basketball reddit explaining that their coach wasn't really paying recruits despite the wiretaps and besides everyone does it.

BTW, their university president is smart for preemptively throwing down the gloves, and challenging the NCAA. I wish that SU fought back a lot harder instead of being so cooperative with that kangaroo court.
Louisville cleaned house in athletics and changed "academic" administration.
Syracuse didn't do that and couldn't credibly bring an argument that it had done everything to repair its breach.
In fact, maybe worse than the scandal itself, was keeping the AD on in some cushy lucrative made up job.
Shameful, embarrassing behavior then and now.

Syracuse didn't do that and couldn't credibly bring an argument that it had done everything to repair its breach.
In fact, maybe worse than the scandal itself, was keeping the AD on in some cushy lucrative made up job.

Syracuse didn't need to do all that, because our infractions were all minor compared to this. You don't scorch the earth over administrivia caliber offenses.

And BTW, the athletic department DID clean house with the academic advisors.

The skeptic in me would say that possibly the good Doctor knew where some skeletons were buried and the "made up job" insured some silence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom