Louisville making a push... | Syracusefan.com

Louisville making a push...

MikeSU02

Living Legend
@espnandykatz: UConn still in the dark on ACC next move. Don't assume Huskies. Lville is serious player to bump UConn for 14th ACC spot.

This falls in line with Arbitrage's post...

I just spoke with someone who has some knowledge of the situation. I asked him what the ACC is going to do and he said, "It's UConn". He then went on to say he doesn't want UConn or Louisville and would much rather ND go all in, but it's pretty obvious that's not going to happen.

I just spoke with someone who has some knowledge of the situation. I asked him what the ACC is going to do and he said, "It's UConn". He then when on to say he doesn't want UConn or Louisville and would much rather ND go all in, but it's pretty obvious that's not going to happen.

Yeah, ND's lack of commitment doomed the Big East and could potentially severely damage the ACC. The ACC should have never allowed them in unless it was as a full member. Based on ND's history and behavior, I doubt very much that ND throws a life preserver out to the ACC if it ever got to that, they'll just go to the greener pasture again at that time. Should've just let the sleeping dog (B1G) lie, and MD still would likely be in the ACC. :noidea:

Yeah, ND's lack of commitment doomed the Big East and could potentially severely damage the ACC. The ACC should have never allowed them in unless it was as a full member. Based on ND's history and behavior, I doubt very much that ND throws a life preserver out to the ACC if it ever got to that, they'll just go to the greener pasture again at that time. Should've just let the sleeping dog (B1G) lie, and MD still would likely be in the ACC. :noidea:

Eh, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

2 months ago everyone was saying that FSU and Clemson were pissed at the ACC deal being too low. So they go and add ND to get more $$$. Now people are saying they shouldn't have done it.

The ACC wouldn't need a "savior" if FSU (and/or Miami, Clemson & VaTech) would just legitimately compete for a national title again. The wounds of this conference are almost entirely self-inflicted, on the field.

I just spoke with someone who has some knowledge of the situation. I asked him what the ACC is going to do and he said, "It's UConn". He then went on to say he doesn't want UConn or Louisville and would much rather ND go all in, but it's pretty obvious that's not going to happen.
you might be right but I would not doubt Katz's sources.

If ND just remained on the sideline, this round of movement would have never happened. Once ND aligned itself with a conference, all out warfare began again. When they fully commit, all this will end soon after because everyone is leaving a spot open for them.

Eh, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

2 months ago everyone was saying that FSU and Clemson were pissed at the ACC deal being too low. So they go and add ND to get more $$$. Now people are saying they shouldn't have done it.

The ACC wouldn't need a "savior" if FSU (and/or Miami, Clemson & VaTech) would just legitimately compete for a national title again. The wounds of this conference are almost entirely self-inflicted, on the field.

Agree. Teams like Oregon, USC, Texas, Okahoma, LSU, Alabama, Ohio State. They are ensuring their leagues have big pay days. Meanwhile, the ACC has become known as the league that can't win BCS games. Miami is way down, and has sanctions coming. FSU has not been 90s FSU. Handled the Bowden transition horribly. Clemson has gone through coaches like underwear, leading people to wonder if they're as big a name as they think they are. They may finally be proving that they are, but people will want more than 2 years of it. VT has been steady but unspectacular. And can't win a bowl game unless they play the Big East.

A league of those teams still makes much more money than a league of Big East teams. So we're in a good place right now.

ND is up right now, and hopefully we capitalize on that if the ACC and ESPN are able to renegotiate (again). Playing 5 football games is more of a commitment than the Big East received. It would get us more money, that's what we want. And hope that Swofford is right, in that if they run the #'s with the TV execs in the scenario of ND as full ACC, that it works out close enough to what ND gets as an indy. Because if ND doesn't want to be part of the B1G, that probably means that they really hate the B1G. And if they really hate the B1G, that could be an advantage to the ACC.

I hope the ACC doesn't make any decisions on a 14th team until this is worked out.

There were a few sources telling the twitter community yesterday that ND's news of joining the ACC as partial put the B1G on the defensive, a position they weren't used to. Which makes sense given who they just added.