lousiville the rest of the way | Syracusefan.com

lousiville the rest of the way

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
do we root for them to win to make our win better? or root for them to lose since they could be a bubble team?

do we root for them to win to make our win better? or root for them to lose since they could be a bubble team?
Root for them to win. They’re on probation right?

Need as many quality wins as we can get need buffalo md va tech and lville to be top 50 teams.

I definitely don't want them to fall apart. I want them to remain a reasonably quality win so we don't have to hang out hat on beating UB.

Don't think I will root for VT as we will likely be in a dog fight with them for conference rankings. Since we beat them we will have the tiebreaker

Curious about quadrant wins. Is the quadrant set by their rank the day we play them or where they are ranked at the end of the year?

Curious about quadrant wins. Is the quadrant set by their rank the day we play them or where they are ranked at the end of the year?

Has to be end of year.

Right?

Has to be end of year.

Right?
I tend to agree, just don't know. Seems to be lots of discussion about quadrants but if they are not set until end of season then all the talk is premature. Another thought, before or after conference playoffs/tournament? Probably parameters are all spelled out someplace but never heard of quadrants before this year.

UoL hasn't had any bad losses( think they said last night that everyone they lost to has been ranked or was ranked)..cept you could make a case for ours. They are in a lot better spot than we are

UoL hasn't had any bad losses( think they said last night that everyone they lost to has been ranked or was ranked)..cept you could make a case for ours. They are in a lot better spot than we are

They have zero bad losses, but they also have zero good wins. If you put our resumes next to each other I think it's hard to determine who's is better.

They have zero bad losses, but they also have zero good wins. If you put our resumes next to each other I think it's hard to determine who's is better.

i agree. i dont understand how theyre considered an 8 seed and we're out. same overall record, they're 6-5 in acc and we're 5-6 and like you said they havent really beat anyone.

I tend to agree, just don't know. Seems to be lots of discussion about quadrants but if they are not set until end of season then all the talk is premature. Another thought, before or after conference playoffs/tournament? Probably parameters are all spelled out someplace but never heard of quadrants before this year.

Yeah it's all speculative; for the most part it doesn't change, but teams can move up or down a few spots and you can suddenly lose or gain a top 50 win or whatever.

i agree. i dont understand how theyre considered an 8 seed and we're out. same overall record, they're 6-5 in acc and we're 5-6 and like you said they havent really beat anyone.

Definitely doesn't seem like there should be such a gap. Their best win is probably a little better (they got the win @FSU), they also won @ND, they beat VA Tech at home, like we did. They're a few spots better in KP; if you want to say their resume is better, I can see it, but the gap between us and them seems excessive.

Based at the end of the year. Always a chance that things move. It really depends on how close you are right now to #30 (home wins) or #75 (road wins)...

So you can get lucky or unlucky when you faced a team.

upload_2018-2-6_17-24-32.png

Louisville projected RPI Table via ending record. A quadrant one road win is top 75. They likely only have to go 1-6 the rest of the year to look up a top 75 RPI... so this is basically a lock as a quadrant one.

JDubs and myself were discussing yesterday if the concept of "elite" win existed. They had top 50 wins in the past, but they also tracked top 25 RPI wins. What will be the threshold for an eilte road win (top 35? top 40?)

Let's say it is 35 for a road win, then we need Louisville to go 5-2 the rest of the way.

Not all quadrant ones wins are alike, and that matters more if you are on the bubble. If you are in the middle of the bracket they probably don't dissect the metrics much, but if you are on the bubble they will not only look at the total, but they will dig into the who specifically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom