Love Popovich's quote, "the ball doesn't stick" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Love Popovich's quote, "the ball doesn't stick"

Couldn't the argument be made that less spacing on the college level makes running iso more difficult too? I think it's simply a coaching philosophy thing. John Beilein has been bringing in athletic guys since he's been at Michigan, but they still move the ball really well. I think it's simply because that's what's emphasized and coached.

Part of that success is his penchant for centers, big guys who can pass, dribble, shoot from the outside pulling defenders away from the basket and not clogging the lanes. His offense creates mismatches and passing lanes. Ironically he's become famous for his 2-3 offense like we have for the 2-3 defense. Like JB he has a "type" player too but he prefers fundamentally sound - pass, shoot, drive (triple threat stance) players.

I love how LBJ in his postgame PC said "that's how basketball should be played."

Then why are you guys trying to just assemble all-star teams rather than actual basketball teams, LeBron? You're doing the exact opposite of what the Spurs do and that's why you got your asses handed to you.

To be fair, the Heat play great ball when they are rolling. They made 4 finals in a row and won 2(including over the Spurs last year). It's not like their approach hasn't worked.

Part of that success is his penchant for centers, big guys who can pass, dribble, shoot from the outside pulling defenders away from the basket and not clogging the lanes. His offense creates mismatches and passing lanes. Ironically he's become famous for his 2-3 offense like we have for the 2-3 defense. Like JB he has a "type" player too but he prefers fundamentally sound - pass, shoot, drive (triple threat stance) players.
That's true. I suppose that came from when he was coaching at lower levels and couldn't get elite kids. Since he's been at Michigan he's been able to combine the skill guys with the athletic guys, and lately some of them were the same guys.

I wonder how Pop would do coaching OKC. I'd love to see the ball move out of Westbrook's hands on a regular basis. He's amazing but can drive me crazy with his decisions sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom