Love the gt offense, probably not so much very soon. Nm | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Love the gt offense, probably not so much very soon. Nm

It doesn't matter what the % is. It was a stupid call based on score, time and field position. Even if they convert, they're still 70 yards away and down a point. It was a dumb call. There's tons of time to punt and play defense. Not go down by 4 or 8 points at that juncture.

Instead VT starts with the ball 30 yards out, punches in a TD and goes up by 8 points with ten minutes left in the game.

If Marrone made the same stupid call he'd be getting killed today.
Doesn't matter the %? If it was 95% you wouldn't go for it? 99%? With that offense I think they have the liberty to take that risk. In the scenario in front of them, maybe they shouldn't have but hindsight is 20-20. If they convert, and ultimately win that game, no one says anything.

Josh Nesbitt - his stat line every game was like 6/18, 105 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT
Calvin Johnson's stats every game? 6 catches, 105 yards and a TD.

Doesn't matter the %? If it was 95% you wouldn't go for it? 99%? With that offense I think they have the liberty to take that risk. In the scenario in front of them, maybe they shouldn't have but hindsight is 20-20. If they convert, and ultimately win that game, no one says anything.

Nothing hindsight about that decision last night.

I'm with bnoro here, I think. I'm not sure I go for it there but it's hardly stupid with a flexbone offense that was moving the ball pretty well. There is always a chance it doesn't work, but I don't think you can operate under the assumption that punting means VT doesn't score or, for that matter, even that they have that long a field to navigate.

If anything, the issue was Tech's defense got man-handled, from what I saw, which may also have played into Johnson's thinking "What, let's keep the ball if we can." Right or wrong, it certainly wasn't crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom