Class of 2025 - LS Henry Searcy (FL) Flipped to Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 LS Henry Searcy (FL) Flipped to Pitt

I remember randomly watching a Raiders game 10 or so years ago where their long snapper got injured and they had no other long snappers on the roster. It absolutely destroyed them. They tried to have other dudes do it but it wasn’t possible and it completely invalidated their entire being as a functional football team. They could do nothing that involved a kick. I never paid attention to long snappers before that but it made me realize just how critical that unique skill set is.

Used to be or still is, If you want to go to MLB be a Catcher, If You want to go to the NFL be a long snapper

I remember randomly watching a Raiders game 10 or so years ago where their long snapper got injured and they had no other long snappers on the roster. It absolutely destroyed them. They tried to have other dudes do it but it wasn’t possible and it completely invalidated their entire being as a functional football team. They could do nothing that involved a kick. I never paid attention to long snappers before that but it made me realize just how critical that unique skill set is.
You have to understand, some people don't think kicking should be a part of football anyway.

If 247 ever gets off their a**, and gives Carney the rating he deserves our class will jump up.
On rivals 5.8 and 25th in the country yet 247 gives him an 84.
It's a joke, and I pay for that, at least we have Mike back.
Fran needs to have a long talk with Dohn at the end of the year.
Dohn has nothing to do with the Texas ratings. That is what is causing both of our Texas recruits to be graded so low there. They haven’t updated their Texas ratings since last winter I believe.

Used to be or still is, If you want to go to MLB be a Catcher, If You want to go to the NFL be a long snapper
I think it was Elston Howard who became a catcher at his school team tryouts, because no one went to the position when the coaches asked the players to go the the position they play.
Switch-hitting catchers are the golden children of baseball. (See Adley Rutschman).

You have to understand, some people don't think kicking should be a part of football anyway.
1720391219732.gif

If I'm Fran, I'm lining up my two biggest DTs and blowing up Searcy every Long snap. I don't care if it's a penalty lol. Do what Costal Carolina did to Zach Wilson.
Yes, blow him up running down on punt coverage. Maybe he snaps one over the punter's head and buries one in the ground. Hopefully, he gets a lot of action on punts when we play them next year. 12 punts would be a good round figure.

Last edited: