LSU Loss - Les Miles | Syracusefan.com

LSU Loss - Les Miles

JJReddawg

All Conference
Did LSU lose because Les Miles couldn't eat the field turf?

Discuss.

For someone recognized as one of the top coaches in college football, and having an eternity to prepare, the Tigers offense did not have an effective game plan, and failed to make any meaningful in-game adjustments. 5 first downs and 94 yards of total offense is pathetic.

I can't believe Jarrett Lee couldn't get one series.

I can't believe Jarrett Lee couldn't get one series.
it's funny that I'd think more of Bama's defense had LSU doubled their yardage

when you get 2 yards a play, i swing over to thinking "i don't care who the defense is, that offense just sucks"

when you get 2 yards a play, i swing over to thinking "i don't care who the defense is, that offense just sucks"

I'm the opposite, I think even bad offenses can stumble their way to 250 yards or so. This offense had 500 yards against Arkansas the day after Thanksgiving.

When I see anyone get less than 100 yards, sure, the offense had a bad day (doesn't mean all their days are bad), but it also means the defense brought their A game, and the defensive coordinator gameplanned really well.

Florida held that Ohio State offense to under 100 yards a few years ago. That offense had been dominating all year.

From what I watched (which was about half the game) they only took one real shot down the field that I saw. I would have risked throwing 5 interceptions to take some shots. Makes you wonder what Brandon Weeden and Blackmon could have potentially done.

Agreed. I respect Bama's D. They are awesome. Dominating.

But LSU looked incompetent. I mean, how terrible was Jefferson running those option plays? His release is slow, he can only gun the ball with no touch... I don't know, maybe Bama forced this and I'm not giving them enough credit, but Jefferson looked like he was a third stringer last night.

Agreed. I respect Bama's D. They are awesome. Dominating.

But LSU looked incompetent. I mean, how terrible was Jefferson running those option plays? His release is slow, he can only gun the ball with no touch... I don't know, maybe Bama forced this and I'm not giving them enough credit, but Jefferson looked like he was a third stringer last night.

That was the Jordan Jefferson LSU fans have seen for the previous three years. The problem was, Miles was scared of putting in Lee after his performance in the game in Tuscaloosa, because he showed then that he gets the deer in the headlights look when pressured. And the offensive line couldn't do a thing to stop the Bama rush, so Lee wouldn't have been much better. But he couldn't be any worse either. The only good news for LSU fans last night is that the four year fiaso of having two flawed QBs (and thus, no QB) finally came to an end.

Bama came in with a new game plan and played their A game. LSU looked like they were just trying to pick up where they left off in November, and never seemed to be in the game. As a result, they had their rear ends kicked up and down the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom