LSU update...(For Those Staying in NOLA) | Syracusefan.com

LSU update...(For Those Staying in NOLA)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
SU is setting up a Cuse Central at The Swamp on Bourbon Street. Edit add: Yes it is on Friday night!!!
The Swamp - Best Damn Bourbon Street Balcony Party in the Big Easy

An all you can eat n drink blowout for $75...link from SU coming. SU will hold a meet n greet downstairs with the usual stuff like beeads, sunglasses and stickers. The party is upstairs and you have access to the balcony.

Bourbon Street Cocktail Reception

(Based on a minimum of 40 Guests)

3 HOURS OPEN PREMIUM BAR

Tito’s, Stoli, Stoli Flavors, Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, Seagram’s 7, Forty Creek, Southern Comfort, Tanqueray, Cutty Sark, Cuervo, ***Bacardi, Malibu, *Bayou Silver Rum, *Bayou Satsuma Rum, *Bayou Spiced Rum Or comparables with Domestic and Import Bottled Beer, Wine, Hurricanes, Sodas and Bottled Water

***Bourbon Cowboy * Swamp

Staged Hors D’Oeuvres

Shrimp Remoulade Canapés

Fresh Boiled Louisiana Gulf Shrimp Hand Peeled and served Skewered with Remoulade Sauce

Please Choose 1 of the following 2 items:

#1.Cranberry Chicken Canapés

Chicken Breast with Dried Cranberries in a sweet poppy Seed Aioli

Served with crackers

OR

#2.Smoked Salmon Display

Smoked Salmon served with cream Cheese, Capers, red Onions, Fresh Dill and bagel Chips

Import and Domestic Fruit and Cheese Display with Crackers

Danish Blue, French Brie, Herbed Goat, Cheddar, Pepper Jack, & Colby garnished with Fresh Fruit

DIP BAR

Fresh Salsa
Red tomatoes crushed with onions, cilantro and hot peppers
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Fresh spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings

Chef’s Choice Seasonal Dip

Fresh Crisp Vegetable Crudité Tower with Dipping Sauce

SMALL PLATES FOR A TATSE OF LOUISIANA

Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya

Chicken and Andouille sausage simmered in traditional Louisiana spices with popcorn rice, tomatoes, celery, onions and garlic

AND

Please Choose 1 more of the following (Note items with surcharges)

#1.Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage

Slow simmered red beans cooked down with salted pork the New Orleans way served with smoked sausage and rice

OR

#2.Chicken and Andouille Gumbo

Chef prepared roux slow simmered with onions, garlic, and bell pepper

And celery, herbs and spices with sausage and chicken breast served with buttered rice

(Surcharge of $5per person inclusive)

OR

#3.Mini Couchon du Lait Po-boy’s

(Our version of a Carving Station-Separate Station with Chef Attendant)

Louisiana style roasted pork debris served with fresh baked Leidenheimer’s French Bread

Served with savory slaw a la Jazz Fest!

OR

#4. Basil & Walnut Pesto

Our Caterer’s Specialty Gourmet Pesto

with Chicken in a Light Cream Sauce tossed with Penne Pasta

(Vegetarian Option)

Dessert

Chef’s Dessert Assortment

(Based on one piece per person or 3 oz servings)

$75 Per Person Inclusive of Service Charge and Tax-Optional Surcharge-No Rental or Hidden Fees!

Last edited:
SU is setting up a Cuse Central at The Swamp on Bourbon Street. Edit add: Yes it is on Friday night!!!
The Swamp - Best Damn Bourbon Street Balcony Party in the Big Easy

An all you can eat n drink blowout for $75...link from SU coming. SU will hold a meet n greet downstairs with the usual stuff like beeads, sunglasses and stickers. The party is upstairs and you have access to the balcony.

Bourbon Street Cocktail Reception

(Based on a minimum of 40 Guests)

3 HOURS OPEN PREMIUM BAR

Tito’s, Stoli, Stoli Flavors, Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, Seagram’s 7, Forty Creek, Southern Comfort, Tanqueray, Cutty Sark, Cuervo, ***Bacardi, Malibu, *Bayou Silver Rum, *Bayou Satsuma Rum, *Bayou Spiced Rum Or comparables with Domestic and Import Bottled Beer, Wine, Hurricanes, Sodas and Bottled Water

***Bourbon Cowboy * Swamp

Staged Hors D’Oeuvres

Shrimp Remoulade Canapés

Fresh Boiled Louisiana Gulf Shrimp Hand Peeled and served Skewered with Remoulade Sauce

Please Choose 1 of the following 2 items:

#1.Cranberry Chicken Canapés

Chicken Breast with Dried Cranberries in a sweet poppy Seed Aioli

Served with crackers

OR

#2.Smoked Salmon Display

Smoked Salmon served with cream Cheese, Capers, red Onions, Fresh Dill and bagel Chips

Import and Domestic Fruit and Cheese Display with Crackers

Danish Blue, French Brie, Herbed Goat, Cheddar, Pepper Jack, & Colby garnished with Fresh Fruit

DIP BAR

Fresh Salsa
Red tomatoes crushed with onions, cilantro and hot peppers
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Fresh spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings

Chef’s Choice Seasonal Dip

Fresh Crisp Vegetable Crudité Tower with Dipping Sauce

SMALL PLATES FOR A TATSE OF LOUISIANA

Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya

Chicken and Andouille sausage simmered in traditional Louisiana spices with popcorn rice, tomatoes, celery, onions and garlic

AND

Please Choose 1 more of the following (Note items with surcharges)

#1.Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage

Slow simmered red beans cooked down with salted pork the New Orleans way served with smoked sausage and rice

OR

#2.Chicken and Andouille Gumbo

Chef prepared roux slow simmered with onions, garlic, and bell pepper

And celery, herbs and spices with sausage and chicken breast served with buttered rice

OR

#3.Mini Couchon du Lait Po-boy’s

(Our version of a Carving Station-Separate Station with Chef Attendant)

Louisiana style roasted pork debris served with fresh baked Leidenheimer’s French Bread

Served with savory slaw a la Jazz Fest!

OR

#4. Basil & Walnut Pesto

Our Caterer’s Specialty Gourmet Pesto

with Chicken in a Light Cream Sauce tossed with Penne Pasta

(Vegetarian Option)

Dessert

Chef’s Dessert Assortment

(Based on one piece per person or 3 oz servings)

$75 Per Person Inclusive of Service Charge and Tax-Optional Surcharge-No Rental or Hidden Fees!

Thanks Mark. At first glance at least, looks like SU stepped up nicely here.

Thanks Mark. At first glance at least, looks like SU stepped up nicely here.
Yes they have...while $75 sounds like a lot of money...it isn't really if you plan to down 6 drinks in those 3 hours. They are offering premium liquor choices. as well as a meal and balcony access.

Yes...Friday night. Should give you 8 hours to recover before waking up and doing it all over again

I adjusted the OP...thanks
Mark, when do you think the tickets will be sent, I am leaving on 9/14 and won't be home until 9/31.

Mark, when do you think the tickets will be sent, I am leaving on 9/14 and won't be home until 9/31.
Going off past events...you pay for the event and you can print a ticket. SU should also have a list of names. I don't think it'll be an issue for you.

Going off past events...you pay for the event and you can print a ticket. SU should also have a list of names. I don't think it'll be an issue for you.
Staying in Baton Rogue, Friday and Saturday, staying in NOLA Sunday and Monday, know of any get togethers in Baton Rogue???

Staying in Baton Rogue, Friday and Saturday, staying in NOLA Sunday and Monday, know of any get togethers in Baton Rogue???
Just on gameday...there will be some tailgates

We are doing the same, but have locked in a DD and plan to head to BR after the party.

Unless something amazing pops up in BR Friday night

Hello everyone. I'm gonna be in NOLA that weekend for my buddies going away bachelor party. I'm tryin my best to convince them to take the ride to baton rouge...its a once in a lifetime experience. They seem hellbent on hanging by bourbon st on Saturday. Couple questions for you guys going. How far is is the stadium from bourbon st? Do we think this is going to be a 12pm kickoff? Wheres the best place to get tickets in case I can do some convincing. Thanks in advance.. Hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks

Hello everyone. I'm gonna be in NOLA that weekend for my buddies going away bachelor party. I'm tryin my best to convince them to take the ride to baton rouge...its a once in a lifetime experience. They seem hellbent on hanging by bourbon st on Saturday. Couple questions for you guys going. How far is is the stadium from bourbon st? Do we think this is going to be a 12pm kickoff? Wheres the best place to get tickets in case I can do some convincing. Thanks in advance.. Hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks

Stadium is about an hour and a half from NOLA
Rumor has been 6:30PM kickoff
Tickets through Cuse box office if you want to sit in the vistors section, if not hit stubhub.

Guys, anyone driving into Baton Rouge from New Orleans on gameday should be prepared for epic traffic. I have been to every SEC stadium on gameday and LSU is the only one where we experienced traffic this bad where we basically had to alter our route/walk. And we left a good 5 hours before kick. I should clarify this is traffic in Baton Rouge. No idea what the road from New Orleans is like.

Guys, anyone driving into Baton Rouge from New Orleans on gameday should be prepared for epic traffic. I have been to every SEC stadium on gameday and LSU is the only one where we experienced traffic this bad where we basically had to alter our route/walk. And we left a good 5 hours before kick. I should clarify this is traffic in Baton Rouge. No idea what the road from New Orleans is like.

I believe our hotel for BR friday and Saturday night is like 4 miles from the stadium. Uber would be our best bet to get to the action?

I believe our hotel for BR friday and Saturday night is like 4 miles from the stadium. Uber would be our best bet to get to the action?
I guess it really depends. When we go we have a parking pass so I might not be the best person to answer. Honestly if you were a mile or so closer I'd just say walk. That way you will get there and also get to see all the tailgates, etc. on the way in.

Any plans for pregame tailgate somewhere near stadium? Any parking recommendations for game?

I guess it really depends. When we go we have a parking pass so I might not be the best person to answer. Honestly if you were a mile or so closer I'd just say walk. That way you will get there and also get to see all the tailgates, etc. on the way in.

That's what I was trying to explain to the girlfriend. I assumed most of the walk from the hotel -> stadium would be tailgates, and enjoyable to walk through and check out.

That's what I was trying to explain to the girlfriend. I assumed most of the walk from the hotel -> stadium would be tailgates, and enjoyable to walk through and check out.
It's definitely enjoyable. Great sights, food, people, etc. If you are less than a 45 min walk to the stadium, I would for sure just walk it.

Sounds like a good time...we'll be staying in the French Quarter, so we may have to make this event.